• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD ppls, Where do you install your games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
World of Warcraft is on the SSD for obvious reasons. Everything else is on a secondary WD Black drive.

Some of the time is the controller via bios loading up which does add a good few seconds to the boot time.

My time is quiet quick with reboot.

I run three X-25m's in a RAID 0 in my laptop, so highly recommend installing your games to the SSD. The load times are great and really improve your gaming experience, theres no doubt about it.

I will never, ever go back to spinning drives for anything but mass storage and backup. Anything executable will be on my SSDs from now on!

I run three X-25m's in a RAID 0 in my laptop, so highly recommend installing your games to the SSD. The load times are great and really improve your gaming experience, theres no doubt about it.

I will never, ever go back to spinning drives for anything but mass storage and backup. Anything executable will be on my SSDs from now on!

3 in Raid?!? I know laptops can have 2 bays for drives but where is the third sitting?

I'm currently using a Clevo D900F made by Sager, it uses a desktop i7 processor and has three drive bays built in. Its a pretty giant, and quite heavy laptop, but it's a much more powerful workstation than any other laptop could hope to be due to the desktop processor, tri channel memory and 3 way raid 0. Highly recommend.

games belong on a 360/ps3 like i belong on a moped. As in i wouldn't be caught dead doing that.

Lulz!

Mine are on the SSD. I love having games on SSD. And since I'm not a HUGE gamer, I put the one I am playing on the SSD and retire the program files of the other to a 1tb drive. When I want to play again, I copy them back over. It's hilarious to be in game 15 seconds before everyone else in LAN.

I got a 128gb SSD with everything but movies and music. Games, programs, and SO on the SSD...I only have 4 games or so installed...would like to have all of them, but I hardly have enough time anyway to play multiple games.

Back