• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ssd problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970

OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC

G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

those are the spec's when i reformat it it get to where says, pc will reboor in 15 sec. then when it does reboot gets to were says press and key i dont press any it goes to the the 2nd half of the installting then says read write error, i been thru the manual for the board did a search and i cant find any answers less i an asking something wrong with the search in google's, if u need more info i can add it , ty

You can first make sure that your SSD is on the latest firmware, go on OCZ website for this.

Then make sur that your Bios is set to run the Sata ports on AHCI, wich is better for SSD.

Your copy of windows is legit ?

CURRENT VERTEX 4 FIRMWARE RELEASE is v1.5 << thats from ocz's site, where do i find that on the ssd, i looked all over it and found there part number n there serial number, also i and trying to install win xp pro, n yes is a legal one.

1 st off yes my windows is a legal one , how do u upgrade firmware? sata port or sata ports?

Go to OCZ website, the provide update tools to see if your SSD is already on latest firmware and update if needed.

As for sata, go to your Bios and make sur your on AHCI mode. Then try to clean install on your SSD, you can format the drive in advance option when installing windows to make sure there are not conflicting partition on the drive.

So i burn the tools from ocz to a cd, then set it to boot off of the cd, and it does the rest, how can it update the firm ware if needed with no connection to the net? sorry for all the question as i never have used an ssd b4.

You can put the firmware on the CD with the flash tool. You can also use a USB stick. Go on OCZ forum, youll find guide about the tool.

I finally called ocz and did all there test they said was a bad drive, n newegg is gonna replace with there service were they sent out one n then u send the bad one bk to them .

Back