• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting OC on FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah it's fine, I don't need that screenshot. Was just hoping we could get a better handle on the voltage :( I personally wouldn't consider that stable but it's your rig. 2 hours is more than most people would even care to test. IMO you're pushing your setup a little harder than it can handle. I'd drop it back down to 4.4 and get better cooling. But in reality, I doubt you'll be doing anything as stressful as 2 hours of p95 blend.

I appreciate every ones help. 4.4 is good enough. It runs fine at 4.4 and the temps are fine. I'll never push it hard enough as you stated. Maybe sometime I'll get a new case and go to water cooling and then I can get it higher. This case limits me to air cooling only. I've been looking at a new case that has better cooling which may allow me to get 4.5 on air.

K. 4.4 it is. What are you running the NB frequency at right now? Try to get it up to 2600 or so. You'll gain some snappiness.

That G-Skill memories should easily do 1000mhz or better also. HT should be cranked up between 2600-3000mhz somewhere. Get what you can!

I've only seen a few benefits from raising the Ht link speed past stock madman and it is only when I'm benching. Shrimpy likes to Oc everything he can on a chip. If that's what you want then push the Ht link higher but I doubt you'll notice any real benefits from doing so.

Capture.PNG
I haven't quit on the FX-6300 yet guys. I have the CPU NB running at 2400 and the voltage at 1.2250. Stable so far after running an hour. Temps maxed at 59C. I'm looking at buying an Antec Eleven Hundred V2 case to help remove hot air and bring in cooler air faster. Maybe this will help lower the CPU temp and allow me to get a little higher OC. I'll keep everyone informed.
These pics are after 2 hrs. Should I go higher?
Thanks

Last edited:
View attachment 172914
I haven't quit on the FX-6300 yet guys. I have the CPU NB running at 2400 and the voltage at 1.2250. Stable so far after running an hour. Temps maxed at 59C. I'm looking at buying an Antec Eleven Hundred V2 case to help remove hot air and bring in cooler air faster. Maybe this will help lower the CPU temp and allow me to get a little higher OC. I'll keep everyone informed.
These pics are after 2 hrs. Should I go higher?
Thanks

Hi madman7,

We met on another thread. I am going to try and replicate your numbers with the following settings I gathered from this thread later in the week.

CPU NB set at 2400
CPU Voltage set at 1.225
LLC set to Medium
Core Performance Boost Disabled
CPU Unlock Disabled
Cool and Quiet Disabled
C1E Support/SVM Disabled
CPU Core Control Automatic
Core C6 Sstate/SVM Disabled
HPC Enabled

If my chip is stable, maybe I should shoot for 4.5GHz since I have a Kraken X61

Back