• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Startup Repair Loop Win 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeafHeavn

Registered
Every so often my Win 7 PC will boot into the startup repair loop, leaving me to either re-image or rebuild the BCD. I'd really like to figure out what is causing this so I can fix it for good.

I read somewhere that a bad HDD could cause this, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new one until I'm sure that's the problem.

So if anyone knows what generally causes this to happen, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.

The SeaTools .iso does not detect the drive.

Nor did the Windows version.

Do you have the SATA controller mode set to AHCI? If so, then change it to IDE and run SeaTools again. Make sure to change it back to AHCI before attempting to boot back into the OS.

Still no detection. I was, however, able to run HD Tune:

The Error Scan comes up clean:
HDTune_ErrorScan.png

Here is the health scan (not really sure how to read this):
HDTune_Health.png

Either try assembling the board outside the case, or disconnect and remove everything non-essential for a successful POST.

So since I posted this, I just sort of dealt with the fact that I couldn't turn my PC off. Also since then, I got a new heatsink which I installed and decided to totally rewire my case to look cleaner and clean up the mess of cables in the back. Fast forward to today and I put another fan on my heatsink for a push/pull config, booted it up expecting to reimage, and it booted perfectly fine.

tl;dr I rewired my PC and it solved the issue.

Back