• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 - Resistance Is Futile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Same crap here. Tried a few different servers but keep getting that. Usually that solves the problem for me.

How the hell would you "try a few different servers?" Its not like they have 10 servers, they have a cloud of boxes hosting the content... :screwy:

updated list...

i also bought evil genius and the lucas arts adventure pack :D

Yea I changed the download region to germany and it is going a lot faster. I probably won't be able to play it before I go to bed though.

Maybe I'm immature, but I'm mad as hell. 6 hours after I buy the Id Super Pack (the one thing on steam I was waiting to go on sale) it went even deeper into discount, at 23.79. I've got a ticket in to get the price lowered for me since I haven't even dl'd it yet... I bought it while I was at work today. :(

Think about the people who bought L4D2 at full price or full price for the four pack. Now it's $33 or $25/person in the four pack :eek: All it should tell people is not to buy games, even hot multiplayer ones, until a month or two after release.

Think about the people who bought L4D2 at full price or full price for the four pack. Now it's $33 or $25/person in the four pack :eek: All it should tell people is not to buy games, even hot multiplayer ones, until a month or two after release.

You want to buy my Steam account for full price, while I go and buy a new account with the "Valve Complete Pack" that is now only $75 including L4D2? Games are like hardware. Exponential depreciation in value sucks :)

lol. Come into L4D/2 right now and there's a good chance you'll get your butt handed to you or kicked from your team for sucking.

4 bucks more to be enjoying it a month in a half ahead of you? You bet.

By the way, Dragon Age Origins and Deluxe Edition are on sale again. $37.49 and $48.74.

Last edited:
Torchlight is 5$ , there is no option to NOT buy it, do it now!!!!!!!

Torchlight is 5$ , there is no option to NOT buy it, do it now!!!!!!!

Yeah, that interface bug kind of bothered me. Wonder why they left off the "don't buy now" button. I ended up having to click the only button I found, that said "buy now".

lol. Come into L4D/2 right now and there's a good chance you'll get your butt handed to you or kicked from your team for sucking.

4 bucks more to be enjoying it a month in a half ahead of you? You bet.

By the way, Dragon Age Origins and Deluxe Edition are on sale again. $37.49 and $48.74.

I guess it's good I don't play multiplayer games to stroke my ego then :D

Beyond CS:S, which I just happen to have had forever, I have pretty much no interest in playing FPS online because of most of the people who play them. Rather ironic that the primary draw of a multiplayer game can be its biggest problem too.

Last edited:
purchased the starwars pack today, it's missing KOTOR in my games list :( ticketed it up but am kinda disappointed as that was the selling point for me.

anyone else have problems of this nature with the combo pack deals?

purchased the starwars pack today, it's missing KOTOR in my games list :( ticketed it up but am kinda disappointed as that was the selling point for me.

anyone else have problems of this nature with the combo pack deals?

theres 2 combo packs the one I got for 10 dollars which is called the star wars jedi knight collection and the new one today star wars premier pack for 24.99

I just got the star wars jedi knight collection for 10 and the kotor for 5(separately). kotor 2 is not on steam yet but should be an old game.

what i'd hate to do is having to rebuy a new pack just for kotor2 and maybe some of the other starwars games.

steam is a funny beast, sometimes I get a cheaper deal(more games) with real media than i do with steam. I haven't had any issues with it yet like you described.

ps my jedi knight pack had star wars dark forces...http://store.steampowered.com/screenshot/view/32400/1/?size=800
it was made for dos...lol win7 home would not support it i guess, I was running it on vista home premium with xp mode.

Last edited:
i purchased the premier pack as i already own most of the dark forces/jedi knight games. All the other games loaded fine just no option for KOTOR 1 which like i said was my buying point for the pack, the rest was just a nicety.

i did get dark forces running under dos box though :)

i purchased the premier pack as i already own most of the dark forces/jedi knight games. All the other games loaded fine just no option for KOTOR 1 which like i said was my buying point for the pack, the rest was just a nicety.

i did get dark forces running under dos box though :)

if it really doesn't work then i'd just try to run it on xbox emulator to see if it's any good.

check this out

Last edited:
I guess it's good I don't play multiplayer games to stroke my ego then :D

Beyond CS:S, which I just happen to have had forever, I have pretty much no interest in playing FPS online because of most of the people who play them. Rather ironic that the primary draw of a multiplayer game can be its biggest problem too.

Then why even give L4D games a thought? The multiplayer is where the fun is at. Unless playing the campaign with bots over and over is your thing.

With any game, those issues are not as common when you play with a good group regularly. You going to tell me CS doesn't have elitists? They originated there. ;)

Back