• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steelsseries Engine problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodenpc

Hello.

After Steelseries Engine failed to find my mice (steelseries senei raw) i uninstalled the SS engine and when i tryed to install it again there comes a pop up which says: "The SteelSeries Engine version is already installed. Do you want to unistall it?" no matter if i push yes or no nothing happens. I hav tried the following steps which the support told me to:

1) Clean temp folder by going to start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> disk cleanup
Make sure that "temporary internet files" is checked and run the utility.

2) Ctrl-alt-delete to access your task manager. Under the process tab, find SSEngine.exe, select it, and end process

3) Uninstall the SteelSeries Engine software through control panel -> programs & features / add-remove programs. When prompted to keep custom profiles, select no.

4) Open your start menu and in the search bar, type: %appdata% and hit enter. This will automatically take you to the appdata/roaming folder.
a) In the folder that it opens, find the SteelSeries folder and right click -> delete it
b) Navigate to the main appdata folder. To do this, simply click on 'Appdata' in the directory bar at the top of your window.
Note: If the actually address shows up, simply delete Roaming and hit enter: C:\Users\your-account\AppData\Roaming
To get to appdata main: C:\Users\your-account\AppData
c) Open the 'Local' folder, once again find SteelSeries Engine and delete this folder.

5) Unplug your SSE device and wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in

6) Download the latest SteelSeries Engine software here (please do not rely on a previous download - when prompted, be sure to select 'save' to save the installer to your computer - do not simply run the installer to avoid any complications):
http://steelseries.com/downloads

7) Right click the installer and 'run as administrator' - complete the installation to the default directory.

I have become a bit desperate so i hope someone here could help me?

Can try giving CCleaner a go to make sure it's completely removed.

I do have to ask though as I used the Sensei Raw and loved it, why are you installing the SS Engine?

I have tryed to Cclean it moments ago, stil no difference.
Uhm dunno, to controle the sensitivity beacuse i need to change it for moba or fps. Do you have a sugestion for another program i could use?

No i have not tryed a reboot, that would be my last solution

No i have not tryed a reboot, that would be my last solution
It would? It is quite common that some files are still active while the OS is still active. Usually though the program will prompt you to shut down after...

But really, a reboot should have been the first thing that should have been done! :)

Yeah i gues you are right. In that regard, if there is some files i would like to save, how can i be sure that i dont save some of that steelseries ****? And i gonna need to get at new windows too -.-

Yeah thanks, makes me feel kinda og silly right now... Of course i have tryed to reboot the pc...

Do any of you know an alternate program SSengine, still havent haerd from the support

Back