• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My phone number hacked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I will try to explain as clearly as I can. Ok. My desktop PC seem to be working fine, no strange behavior and I also did a anti virus scanned, no malware threats detected. Today I click Youtube on my favorite tool bar. Youtube would normally auto login with my password. Instead I see LOGIN. So, I enter my phone number and my password. Please see 2 attach pictures below here. The probem is that my phone not receive any code or ask tap to reply. I have another google account with different emails then this one and I was able to reset password with the same phone number to verify my identity.

Attachments

• bp2.png
    bp2.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
  • bp3.png
    bp3.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 7
I think my Google account is hacked because when I enter my phone number and my phone don't seem to have any connect with my google account. On my computer screen tell me to tap on to verify its me but my phone got nothing.
Post magically merged:

I don't understand it what WTF happening. On my phone I am able to login and out fine. My 2nd desktop PC is also login and out just fine.. So, what should I do with this computer? reinstall Windows? Don't really want to do that.

Last edited:
Update. This is in case some one may encounter this issues as I have. standard way to uninstall chrome won't solve the problem. I had to use Revo uninstaller to uninstall chrome and clean out any trace in the registry. Then I reinstall chrome, and sign in with my credential and everything went fine. Then google pop up with security issue is needed to be resolved. Google listing a 5 area that need to be address. Spotify and a few others such as login to play online games. All of this deem suspicious. Google lock me out because I have never used any of this site before. So I removed all of this sites and google is now happy. But this was used by my my 10 year old son. I remember my son told me he is listening music at spotify. The only way to login is using his facebook account credential. Any way, Google is just to concerns about the account is being used by someone else. In this case, was my son. So, I told my son to create an account at Spotify and use that to login instead of using facebook as a credential to login to spotify.

Your phone number could be hijacked. Its similar to Google Voice Forwarding. A malicous link could have gave a hacker access to your number.
I believe the recommended fix was to go in your google account. Make sure that no other phone numbers are associated with your account. Google or otherwise only your cell carrier.

My phone is not hijacked however I often received so many scammers texts, voice messaging telling me my cable TV account has being suspicious activity, bank or early delivery etc telling me to click on the link they provided . These are only a few sample I listed here. They really tried so many different methods trying to get me to click on the link. I always delete them instantly. Scammers are every where trying to steal from people.

Back