• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still don't know if the rad is clean or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yousif666

Registered
Hello

I have 2 Black Ice 480 rads, i started cleaning it with tap water + white venigar i did it 2-3 times, then i filled it with tap water and i let it run in it for few minutes, at last i used distilled water(all the time i boil the water) in the first 2-3 times i saw little flux going out, but after i just see clear water with small white dots floting so to be honest i still don't know if its just the water or the water is not clean:screwy: nothing black coming out, so should i continue or thats it?

i rinse it each time i fill it of course.

Note: All parts are new.

I am thinking of just using distilled water to clean the cpu and gpu blocks but should i also boil the water and use tap water for it then distilled or just room temp distilled water for the blocks?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the only one... But I used to do the vinegar soak for a while (research what is safe, cause it can eat right through your rad if left for a long time) and then I'd douche it out with the garden hose. Let a ton of water flush that sucker out, then switch holes and do it the other way. Then fill 1/2 full with warm water and dish soap, shake the hell out of it. Rinse and repeat. Final rinse of course with distilled water... More than that is a waste IMO. One time I set up a loop with a small bucket to pump soapy water through... I much liked that idea, but only did it that one time.

But, even if there's a little crap left, it's not the end of the world. It'll get stuck in a waterblock and won't cause any harm...

Back