• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock 7900gtx 512 artifacting in BF2 (pics inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

Well, I tried different settings, and no matter what, my card keeps artifacting in BF2 :(

Ya'll think I should just return it and replace it w/ a x1900xtx or try another 7900gtx?

I have my 7800gtx so it's not like I won't be able to play anything until the new one gets here. So I'm geussing it needs to be RMAd. I never even gets hot, yet it does this.

I have only seen it do this in BF2, and it ALWAYS happens at the same place, it happens from the tank, but I think one time I saw geometry in the ground while flying.

I saw a few other threads of BFG cards doing this as well. I guess it's a problem w/ Nvidia then? Since across the board this is happening? :(

So if I played more games, like HL2, etc. on this card it would mess it up?

Found some more stuff :(
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=177380
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1370202
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=850239

Interesting comments from a reviewer on NewEgg,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150136
Driver readyness is poor. Nvidia's own site took over a month to update the support for the card. I was very close to returning it due to artifacting and occasional crashes in games. Update on driv... More »
ers seem to significantly lessen that occurance.... this suggests that current drivers still need to be worked on.

And the Ghost Recon Demo just came out and my X-fi just got installed, why must it do this now, lol, why can't it wait till I try out the GRAW demo, lol :D

Oh, by the way, do I call eVGA or Newegg? Who should I send it to, eVGA or NewEgg?

I'm guessing if I want to replace it w/ a another 7900gtx then eVGA, but if I want to replace it w/ a x1900xtx then contact NewEgg?

OK, I setup the RMA with Lisa (I think that was her name) then she transferred me to Jason, and he said when the money is credited back to my account, just call him and he'll help me place the order and upgrade the shipping at no extra charge, woot! :D

So that Sapphire x1900xtx 512 for $499 will replace my Nvidia 7900gtx 512 evenly you think?

Last edited:
Spoudazo said:
So that Sapphire x1900xtx 512 for $499 will replace my Nvidia 7900gtx 512 evenly you think?
Yes, and on top of that, the X1900s are known to overclock much better, since you can increase the voltage WITHOUT having to do a volt mod.

Soichiro said:
Yes, and on top of that, the X1900s are known to overclock much better, since you can increase the voltage WITHOUT having to do a volt mod.

that = good :)

So if I set the fan at 100% will it keep it rather cool? I don't mind noise :)

Spoudazo said:
that = good :)

So if I set the fan at 100% will it keep it rather cool? I don't mind noise :)

Cool is a relative term. AFAIK, the 1900XTX's run much hotter than the 7900GTX's. Although the 1900's dont have the artifcating problem, so you will probably be in better shape. Good luck!

poogl3 said:
Cool is a relative term. AFAIK, the 1900XTX's run much hotter than the 7900GTX's. Although the 1900's dont have the artifcating problem, so you will probably be in better shape. Good luck!

Well, been thinking about it while at work today, and I'm going to wait until E3 to hear what Nvidia and ATI are up to, and then make a decision. :)

Spoudazo said:
Well, been thinking about it while at work today, and I'm going to wait until E3 to hear what Nvidia and ATI are up to, and then make a decision. :)

Maybe wait it out for some DX10 hardware, eh?

Hmm. I saw some of the same stuff happening. But replacement isn't really an option for me, and neither is going to ATI. Hope it's fixible...

edit: can visit my profile for stats in signature (unless they show up here with this edit heh)

Last edited:
Back