• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My next quest in overclocking SEE BLUE POST PAGE2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, haven't tried that, but it did get smashed at 384 run, so must be imc, because it seems mildly undervolted for 3050hz at 1.275vtt, based on my testing(i assume)

I'm right now tesing my "other" known good configuration. Which may be just as unstable:chair:

Update: 3.9ghz cpu configuration seemed stable, I did about an hour run. Set 1.325vtt and began quest from,top again.
37xx don't even boot right into memtest86
Kept climbing down the IMC ladder and right now I'm,all the way at 3159hz. Seems to run okay, but if it *does* work, then there's a mighty big,jump in vtt for that extra 200mhz IMC increase to 3159. From 1.268 to 1.325

Update: I think I may be,onto something. 1.5solid hours of stability with *new* prime. Shutting down this washing machine so I can slep, will do good test tomorrow

Update: okay, it gave an error 2hours 31 minutes into prime. Failed this time on 10k. I'm dropping her back to last known stable clocks and,just run prime to make sure I'm not chasing a ghost. Although those are fun to chase!!

Last edited:
In FSX, upping uncore brings up a few fps and little bit less stuttering, so I guess could be worth it. Video rendering thoufh, no difference

This time I'll pobably drive this 920 into ground like overclokrs do and then upgrade..:D you've become an inspiration to me,to continue, sir!

Update: I am back at it!! Dropped bclock 2 notches and started prim again. 171x21, uncle now 3418, ram 1709

Update: horray!!:D no blue screen this rime, but,i did get an error on one of the works. Dropped bclk 2 more notches. Restart. But this is getting reticulum!:mad: I'm at like 3.3ghz IMC and she's still not happy with 1.37v? Maybe I got this all wrong, maybe it's the ram after all..well, lemme run this one more,time and see what happens

Update: its ram!!:mad: dang it, all this time!! Now I need to crank my IMC to like 4ghz again!!

Update: okay. Into my 4ghz cpu preset, VTT 1.375 ram1523, testing IMC 4ghz no boot, 3.8ghz, boots memtest86 million errors, 3.6ghz, seems okay for now.

At this point I think I'm done testing ram speeds. I believe sitting at 1523 9-9-9 is good enough as it allows me to 4ghz cpu stable, so I'll just play with IMC to try to give me some boost on cpu cache

Observation: I really like this methododology where you set max comfy volts and work your way,up to max you can get at that voltage. I don't remember who said it, but I kinda like it this way :)

Update: I'm now in windows. 3.6 imc prime goes into bsod soon after start.. 3446 seems to be good so far. I'll probably test a little longer and continue tomorrow, don't feel like running stuff overnight when I'm this early into frequency choices.

Observation: I know folks say 124 bsod means vcore, but on mine, it seems to cause low vtt. When I drop uncore freq or increase vtt, stuff stays stable longer. Funny, because always been like that for me.. :chair: I'll probably duck now from someone throwing a chair my way. :D stubborn taco!!

Update: ogo!! I just got bsod101! Haven't had those,in a while. Anyaus, I'll,probably continue tomorrow. This begs investigation. I usually got hose when you core was,low

G'night.

The VTT stuff, sounds like my 2008 Q6600 G0! I never saw something as fussy as my Q6600, where at only 367 Mhz FSB, I got "STOP: 0x00000124" for a bus/interconnect error, with blend Prime95, a major Achilles' heel of Kentsfield! I had to increase the FSB termination voltage to 1.3 V or closer to that, IIRC, and then that alone isn't enough, because without cold air being pumped into the case, it likes to report a bus error when just Skyping and the like... It apparently hates room temp at 367 Mhz FSB, likely don't matter if I lower the core clocks!

But now, with probably the exact same motherboard as you have, looks like a P6T Deluxe version 1x, on second-pass HandBrake, I suddenly got "STOP:0x00000124" for "Internal Timer Error" on processor id 0, at stock! Looks like my Core i7 965 C0/C1 processor may be canned in a few days! But, it looked like I possibly was able to do the same thing without that error recently! After I disabled EIST and C1E, which they may have been the culprit!

But, unlike you, looks like I can do a core-multi-only OC! And hope I get better video encoding performance!

Last edited:
Observation: I know folks say 124 bsod means vcore, but on mine, it seems to cause low vtt. When I drop uncore freq or increase vtt, stuff stays stable longer. Funny, because always been like that for me.. :chair: I'll probably duck now from someone throwing a chair my way. :D stubborn taco!!

If you receive SOD, "STOP:0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR", it means that the processor generated a machine check exception! Now, on the next reboot, you need to check the event log for the given reason. For a 65nm Core 2 Quad, especially Q6600, it's probably "bus/interconnect error", on usually core ids 3 or 2 and usually never core ids 0 or 1. It means you need to increase the FSB termination voltage!

And on Bloomfield, I'm stumped, because the reason given, was "Internal Timer Error" for processor core id 0. My processor may be chucked within just a few days!

Last edited:
On mine, I found increasing vtt When 124 error, always solved problems. Apparently I get sane voltages for IMC up to 3ghz, and after that it's impractical to proceed further.

For now I'm doing stability test:

176x21=3906 ht off 1.268vcore
1488mhz ram 9-9-9 1.5v
IMC 2976mhz 1.268vtt

This setup was stable on my previous old prime95 runs, but I want to double check with latest prime95 that I downloaded, to make sure.

EarthDog, sir, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your advice, but it's different on mine. I don't know why. It was always like that :chair: I get 124 error, increase vtt and all passes stable afterwards.

On mine, I found increasing vtt When 124 error, always solved problems. Apparently I get sane voltages for IMC up to 3ghz, and after that it's impractical to proceed further.

EarthDog, sir, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your advice, but it's different on mine. I don't know why. It was always like that :chair: I get 124 error, increase vtt and all passes stable afterwards.

You have multiple issues going on. ;)
I suggest basic, single step, from scratch overclocking for your particular setup.
You are just chasing your tail.
Start from ground zero, and forget everything you have done before. 1 step at a time and test.

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

After weeping in sorrow for few minutes, I invited Mike over and we decided to start over. Following that guide.(mostly)

Set VTT 1.325 and ***everything*** to lowest multi, testing BCLK 195 for stability. I don't want to go above that VTT, so we decided we"d rather pull back on bclck if needed instead

#####Froze, bclk now 193 (rounding error 1hour later)
Down to bclk191
#####passed 3hours prime95blend at bclk191

Last edited:
Maybe check 200+ bclk with different mem divider, it's usually easier to stabilize than higher CPU multi and lower bclk. 200 will give you 1600 mem and can try for 9-9-9 or 9-10-10.

Well she won't even boot 200, but I will give it another try once more

Haven't ried aida

---
No matter what I do, I cant boot bclk 200 and higher. I tried raising

Pll 1.88
Ioh 1.2
Ich 1.2
Vtt 1.4
Vcore 1.4
Dropped all multis to lowest
PciE 103hz

She's a stubborn taco. Well, not that I *want* to be above 200, but just wanted to see if it will go or not with sane voltages
Apparently not.

Anyways, I believe I'm settled I'm mostly rock stable at 4ghz and 3.9ghz both HT off. Funny thing, if I enable HT, she will throttle during prime with vcore 1.3. She drops to 12x cpu multi and stays there even if I take load of and restart prime. Only way to get back to normal cpu speed is full PC restart.

Thank you everyone :) I learned a lot and got a few grey hairs doing so.

Yes sir, I tried also 197, 205, 210, 220, nothing woks. I probably ned to do like 1.5vtt for it to work. Well that's fine though, 4ghz is all I had in mind. Didn't plan to do higher long term anyways :)

Thank you.

Ps- on the other hand, 3.5ghz only neds 1.12vcoe and lowest other volts.

Ah, when the budget allows, but for now, I'm trying not to taco my 920..

And you should be able to from he benching I have seen recently you should still be playing games @ 1080 mid-high settings with decent FPS as long as you have a decent gfx card.

Well uh, the last game I used,to play was brothers in arms helps highway, which was a blast btw! Now I'm just using,flight simulator every once in a while. I also used to do video often not too long ago, and that has halted too. My gfx card is pny gtx460. 1gb. Here's my sig:
(resolution I'm using is1080p you are correct)

Back