• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stop of power delivery and pc\graphic card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

Hello dear forum.
First my pc:
4790 stock
8gb ram
Sabertooth Z79 Mark2
Asus Strix 980 ( Oc factory )
Corsair 750 RM
HDD 500GB SATAIII

I have a question and a little confusing problem.
So today before going to work i left running Unigine Heaven to test computer. When i was in work ( my mother call to me ) meanwhile there was a stop in delivery of power in my house.
And when i back to home i just met that computer is turned off.
And i have a question. It can be something happened to pc or graphic card because pc was on full load ( Heaven ), but then power delivery was stopped and pc turned off.
Is this safe? Nothing will happen with pc or some part of pc?

If it cuts on and runs like before it's perfectly fine.

There's a very small chance of damage, but we're talking 1 in 10,000 or so.

Just use your computer, it's not as fragile as you assume it is.

Turn it on, should be fine... its the only way to figure out if everything is OK in the first place friend. ;)

if it was the house power that was cut off, you will be fine, just fire it up and go.

Agreed with the others that everything should be fine.

The only major time that a power outage causes damage is if the house was struck by lightning (or a similar huge amount of current) and the current runs through and kills devices in the house that aren't protected by a UPS/surge protector. That and sometimes dirty power that goes through old/poorly made houses can sometimes cause problems if it isn't providing proper amounts of power to the socket.

Power outages can also cause data loss/corruption if it happens during a write, but the chances of that are unlikely as you were probably not writing anything besides the random crap that Windows writes. Even then, it wouldn't be a hardware issue and as long as you do backups it's an easy fix.

Lol I'm picturing the op sitting with his finger a cm away from the power button shaking like a leaf. :)

I'm sitting here crying laughing at you guys picturing a guy going "I CAN'T DO IT"

Back