• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storm G4 Review!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
9mmCensor said:
Ok, the Storm blocks are designed, are you ging to do any work on the Hyrda?

I'm excited about the Hydra too. There's been very little progress in GPU waterblocks in quite a while.

Alacritan said:
I'm excited about the Hydra too. There's been very little progress in GPU waterblocks in quite a while.
I know. Swiftech still has the Aluminum & Copper block, which is enough for me to say no thanks to. Currently, Silverprop seems to be making the best one, but thats no LRWB.

I've yet to see any reviews for it too. I want to see a comparison between the Fusion and an MCW50 before I shell out any money. It's a bit pricy.

Twister1234 said:
hm,what kind of waterpump would be needed to get 1,5 GPM in a watercoolingsetup where only a heatercore+g4 are build in?

A Danner Mag 3 would get you pretty close.

An Iwaki MD-15R would do it.

An MCP600 or MCP650 if powered at 13.8v with a power-adaptor would also do it for you.

Unsure of the PQ curve of the newer CSP750 Machi II pumps, but two of those in series might do it too.

Alacritan said:

Am not making any promises on the Hydra. Have stuff simmering on the back-burner, mostly being how to solve the issue of making a small block cheaply, without significant investment overhead, that is also high performing. The low US dollar value doesn't help either. Even some of the cheapest designs I can think of wind up being fairly expensive in comparison to other US blocks.

I think plenty of people would be willing to spend roughly the same on a GPU block as on a CPU block. Shoot for around $90 US and I for one wouldn't hesitate buying one. I was surprised most GPU blocks were only $30-35 a lot of places.

Don't cry for me. I have probably 50lbs of copper in waterblock form around my house...

keep in mind that a silverprop fusion HL is about $80 shipped to the US, so its an investment to get one of those. So if its around $90, Im sure people would pay, as plenty of people in the US have silverprop blocks.

Well I just finish installing my Storm and holy crap! Temps dropped 5C (dual prime) and the as5 haevnt even settled yet.

situman said:
Well I just finish installing my Storm and holy crap! Temps dropped 5C (dual prime) and the as5 haevnt even settled yet.

Nice, what were you using before the storm?

Back