• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange behavior Realbench 2.54

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi,

the weird thing is that when I use an older version of RealBench (2.43) it works fine

As hardware advances, so does the testing methods. I'm not surprised that the older version passes.

Please don't link your pics. Too much clicking back and forth. We have a built-in forum tool for attaching pics directly to posts. Use the Go Advanced button at the lower right corner of any post window.

One more suggestion for future reference and that is please crop the images. We don't need to see the whole desktop, just the app window and that would conserve page space. The built-in Windows Snipping Tool is great for this.

With CPU-z you can also open the program interface several times for each tab and then group them close together so as to capture them as one image. Generally speaking, we only need to see these three tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD as long as you have already provided information about the make and model of your motherboard.

While we're at it, please create a Signature (or "Sig") that provides us with some detailed information about your hardware and OS. You can find the Sig tool by clicking on Settings in the upper right corner of any forum page you are viewing and then scrolling down the left side to Edit Signature. If you want, you can look at mine for tips as to the kind of information we like to see in the Sig.

Edit: Also, we don't need to see an image for every RAM slot occupied as long as all the RAM modules are the same.

As Mr. Scott explained, as hardware moves on so does the software designed to run on it. I assume that is why the older version of Realbench works and the newer one doesn't. Your system is getting dated. Realbench, by the way, is very finicky about video card specs with regard to OpenCL versions. I suspect your video card, being built around the Kepler GPU core does not meet the current OpenCL requirements in order to run the newer version of Realbench.

Last edited:
Ok, so he provided cpuz pictures, what's wrong with his rug? It looks to be stock configuration, no overclock:shrug:
Looks awful lot like my 920. Must be exact one, except for servers.

OEM Intel board, so no overclock.
Probably GPU/driver related or OS related.
Not enough info, just guessing.

you sure you have the voltage set to the stock setting? have you changed the timings at all?

Back