• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange CPU-Z info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uSh!

CPU-Z reports that my 540J (3.2GHz) is using 14x multi which is wrong according to bios and Intel specs... is it a bug in the program?

what version of CPU-z

The newest - 1.3

And I noticed something strange. When the CPU is idel multi stays at 14x but when I start Prime95 or whatever program it jumps to 16x. What's going on?? Are there more programs that read CPU speed and multi "in real time" so I can confirm that?

Speed step enabled... I just learned that on my 840D. To keep the chip cool, when it needs the juice it will kick back up.

its throttling, I forget what its called, specifically, what temps are you running right now. And how yeah there is no such thing as a Gigabyte AA8XE 3rd Eye, there is an Abit by that model name.

Speed step enabled...

Oh!!! I was surprised with low idle temps (30C with overclock)... but does it allow the 14x multi to be set in bios?

there is no such thing as a Gigabyte AA8XE 3rd Eye

thx... I know there is no such a thing I confused it with my GFX card manufacturer.

Back