• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange issue with my pc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it would be a good time to test your memory while your waiting. may as well swap your gpu cables around too.

So, my new PSU came today, its a Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000w platinum rated. That said, nothing as changed at all, so its the motherboard. Its keeping the PSU powered on while system is off. Something is wrong.

I have been noticing this debug error comes on while system is running.

73 - PCH DXE initialization (PCH module specific) I guess this would be the issue?

I have searched the issues, and appears others have the same issue with this running SLi. I think my board is toast.

New motherboard is here.

A fresh install of W10, went smooth as butter, finding 2x GPUs, Check, running in SLI, check, running 4 monitors with a daisy chain, Noooooope, instant crash.

This annoyed me, so i started to consider that my VERY pricy Displayport 1,4 cable was the cause of that issue. Hooked up the 4th monitor with HDMI cable, and it sprung into life.

Some how i got hit by 2 seperate issue at the same time via windows update? Motherboard sure as hell had an issue, but also seems like the display port cable has one.

But, so far, so good for the SLI setup. Still need to run more benching and testing, but i think my issues are solved.

Why are you blaming the Windows Update for your issues? Seems like they are all hardware problems. Probably the components were getting marginal and the Windows Update thing was a coincidence.

Yes it does, and that seems to be next on my list to fix.

EDIT:
This turned out to be a USB front panel hub i was using, soon as i unplugged it from the MB, all went silent, well apart from LEDS on motherboard still being on.

Last edited:
Back