• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Noise Coming From Water Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

Recently installed a swiftech h220 and it ran beautifully for nearly 48 hours before I started noticing a persistent buzzing noise coming from the computer. After some careful observation I was able to determine that it was coming from the H220 pump. Pressing lightly on the pump increased the noise level, making the culprit quite certain.

I am very upset that this is happening. I was so pleased with the results, but now the computer is unusable. The noise is unbearable, and I have a higher tolerance for buzzing fans and the like more so than others.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there anything that can be done on my end or do I have a defect that needs to be replaced?

Try draining and flushing the loop, you probably have either A: air trapped inside the loop. Or B: debris inside the loop.

I have heard people having good results from flushing and refilling the loop.

If it's still stock don't do anything, there has been some RMAs on them. Contact Swiftech support and open a ticket etc.

DaaG, suggesting crazy stuff like that if the OP hasn't done anything but install it is a bad idea. Make sure you know what the OP has done first. Think about the customer and HIS situation first. That is what makes OCF so good we know what the folks need and keep it smooth...........

OP:::
You should of posted to Swiftech first before even posting here. You might already have an answer from them if you did that. They has some early returns and moved manufacturing to another plant. So deal with them NOW.

I expect they will send an RMA number and ask you to send it back. It's still an AIO, it will have failures at that price point. Put your old cooler back on.

I would NOT flush and redo unless you have permission from Swiftech and have the proper liquids they provide. Unless your an experienced watercooler and have a relationship with your PC watercooling and have done real watercooling in the past and the H220 is just a toy to play with. If your new at all of this, don't open it up till you have Swiftech's permission. If you break it, then you could be out xx $$

*sigh* Mo problems... I just can't win lately. Shot an e-mail to swiftech. Hopefully they'll get back with me soon.

Back