• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strategy to name change? - far out idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

Just a thought, as far as I know, that has nothing to do with the other politics floating around ......

*** SUMMARY ***
Change the name to overclockers set team. Invite all other ocing seti teams to throw their WU in with us, here, at the end of the first seti project. Promote Ocing, show the world that ocing as a group is a powerful force.

DETAILS
I overclock. I SETI. I participate at overclockers.com. overclockers.com site + forums is IMHO the best, most complete, and most friendly place to go for OCing.

I also like to promote the practice of overclocking. My GUESS is that the more popular overclocing is, the more people that get involved, the better overclockers.com will be.

Let me throw this at you. What happens if a bunch of the current ocing teams all throw in together, here with just a few months to go in SETI?

Well, the "overclocking" team would be one of the top teams for the whole entire first seti project. I don't know that top 26 gets overclocking in the press releases. Top 5 probably does. Notes on slashdot, on space.com. "overclocking" in the top of seti would at least get recognition on sites where new overclockers might be found.

Press release garners more interest in overclocking. More people go to look for more information. And many will end up here, at overclockers.com.

One thing to do, would be to ask the other ocing teams if they would like to join OVERCLOCKERS.COM SETI TEAM here at the end, where their teams have a low to poor showing. OR, we could ask them to join our OVERCLOCKERS SETI TEAM, and point them to our forums. Many would join at least in the short run, and at least some would stay.

OCUK can't take this kind of leadership, their forums can't take new members, and the other OCing teams are generally smaller.

While yes, the name OVERCLOCKERS SETI TEAM would have some less direct exposure to overclockers.com, overclockers.com would end up with more members, and ocing could rise a notch or two in public awareness.

Just an "OVERCLOCKING TAKES OVER THE WORLD" kind of idea.

Your thoughts?

Back