• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck on a over clock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see two potential problems. One is that your core temp is up to 54c. For a long time now we have preached around here that with AMD CPUs that came before the FX series you can expect to see heat-related instability happen when you start hitting about 55c. If you started getting restarts or blue screens when you added to the CPU vcore that you were running when you captured this screenie of HWMonitor then you were likely into that heat problem area. You might want to try re-pasting and reseating your water cooler's contact block. Observe the pattern of contact when you remove it.

The other concern is the 11.38 minimum reading for your PSU 12v+ rail. That is out of spec. + or - 5% is considered normal. Now, having said that, software like HWMonitor often does not give accurate reports with regard to voltage but you certainly should get a multimeter and test the 12v+ rail while under load. Thee is a good "sticky" note about how to do that towards the top of the forum section dealing with power supplies. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403837

Attachments

• Problems.PNG
    Problems.PNG
    72.7 KB · Views: 21
ok no bsod or anything im still on computer now running prime 95 with no problems. been 1 and a half hours strong

But you stated earlier that when you increase the CPU voltage any more it crashes, correct? So you may be at your limit without better cooling. The cooling issue can just as easily be related to poor case ventilation as it can to an inadequate CPU cooler.

This is true plus i think my Vcore is higher then it needs to be, to be steady at that clock speed. ill mess with it in a bit.

Rusty

my +12v is reading at 11.8-11.9 in bios

What is in bios doesn't mean much since it isn't under load in that scenario. It is normal to get some voltage drop under load but you may be getting more than what is acceptable.

They aren't expensive at all. You can get a decent one for under $20. And they're good to have around for lots of stuff besides computers. Just make sure you have the leads plugged into the right holes of the meter and the dial set to the correct place. The computer uses direct current (DC) not alternating current (AC). So set the dial of the meter to DC and the lowest voltage range that includes 12v.

ok sounds good i get paid tonight so ill shop around for cheapest. guessing radio shack might have cheapest.

Rusty

I do its in the city and im not allowed to drive so i will have to find a ride. Thanks for the pointer though

Rusty

You can also get one off ebay or Amazon and probably cheaper than you can buy it retail.

you were right Ai Suite is retarded just gave me warning my VCore is at 2.45V. REALLY oh man i better check it.....nope

Back