• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Subtle UV lighting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bamato

Quick question for someone who hopefully has had experience with this. I'm trying to make a decision on a color scheme for my current build and think I have some direction. Trouble is, I'll need to use some UV lighting to make the acrylic water tubing glow but don't want to light the whole case with UV. Would the tubing glow better with itself being UV reactive or using clear tubing with UV coolant? I want the ambient lighting in my case to be white, the tubing red/orange and accents will be blue (heatsinks, pcie slots, etc). Would the white ambient lighting wash out the UV enough that it wouldn't look purple and just the tubing would glow?

Forgot to add, it's going to be rigid acrylic tubing, and I believe the UV stuff is still fairly clear vs the flexible stuff that is opaque.

Tough call since only a few use rigid tubing. I'd try to search up some pics or videos of UV rigid tubing. Can't say too much. Hope someone has more insight on this.

Back