• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggested airflow for my case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devon55

Hey guys,

This is my first post on over clockers so be gentle :chair:

So I just bought a Corsair H100i and I'm wondering what would be the best air flow for the case? Specifically should the water cooler be exhaust or intake?

Here is my case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It has
Front fan:1x200mm
Side fan:1x200mm
Bottom fan: 1x120mm
Rear fan:1x120mm
top fan:Corsair H100i

What do you guys think should set up as exhaust and intake?

Also if I can fit it…would you guys recommend a push/pull configuration for my H100I?

If I setup my top fans as exhaust it would pushing hot air onto the radiator right? This is where I get mainly confused...

Thanks for any answers and or suggesting y'all might have!

Cheers!

exhaust , If you can do a push/pull config on it.
The top and back fans are for exhaust, THe front sides and bottom is intake..

The link you posted doesnt show your case :)

exhaust , If you can do a push/pull config on it.
The top and back fans are for exhaust, THe front sides and bottom is intake..

The link you posted doesnt show your case :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133210
oops! sorry this link should work!

So I've never ran a push/pull config before.
Does it mean the two fans on the bottom of the rad are pushing air and the two fans on top of the rad are pulling in air? Sorry total noob when it comes to this. It's my first build…ever haha

Yea, put 2 on bottom pushing air threw, and 2 on top pulling air out your case. Its the best way to get the most out of your Rad. But they do get dusted up, Remember to keep the rad clean, They say use air duster, But i use a air compressor ever so often to clean it all out

One more thing, Always remember to have the rad higher than the pump, No matter where you put it, Makes it easier on your pump and will make it last longer :)

Hey thanks a lot for the quick reply EvilJoker I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have an air compressor hanging around sooo i'll probably just use air duster lol...

Back