• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for New Comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyder1

Any advice on things i should change are more than welcome but plz reply quick if your going to cuz im ordering soon. . It's my first build so im looking forward to it :) (and getting impatient waiting :clap: )

417 - 6800 GT gainward GS (if they ever come back in stock)
275 - Ram (2x512 corsair pro)
267 - Cpu (3500 skt 939)
195 - monitor
136 - mobo (msi k8n neo plat)
105 - rator hd (yea i kno 72 are faster, but i dont even use 40 gigs now and ive had mine for years...)
80 - modular ps (i like not having xtra cables in the case)
70 - case
50 - dvd burner (i dont care for dual layered yet...)
35 - mouse mx510
29 - logitech elite keyboard
24 - dvd/cd rom
23 - fan controller
16 - fan 1
14 - fan 2
11 - uv light (for ps cables)
11 - artic silver
8 - case fan

Total=1762.....Glad rents are paying for all but the vid card :) oh if anyone knows where i can get that card lemme know plz (not the ones on google for like 700-800 dollars.....how do they get prices like that.....) plz gimme advice cuz i dont wanna order and have something stupid be wrong :eek: I dont plan to oc it right when i get it but down the road a bit i might play with it.....

Thx for pointing out the response time on the monitor termin@tor, i totally overlooked it. Both newegg and zipzoomfly have free shipping, only one im paying shipping on is tiger and the one for the light.

Last edited:
looks perfect, I'd get somethink very close to that myself. Bestbuy has BFG 6800GT's, thats where I got mine (it oc's pretty good, but I haven't pushed it yet)

Bugalaman said:
looks perfect, I'd get somethink very close to that myself.

Yay :clap: , thats what i wanted to hear, im pretty much gettin that card just so i can oc to ultra speeds guaranteed. I dont wanna oc a GT to an ultra and have a 400 dolla paperweight on my hands and crappy fps in games....i cant afford to shell out another 400 dollars

What are you going to use the computer for?
You sure about that monitor? If you're gonna play games, that's gonna ghost like a motherf**ker!

Oherwise, it looks pretty good.

Here you go for the monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=24-013-013&DEPA=1

Cheaper and better. 16 ms is going to ghost much less than 25 ms

Oh, by the way, for gaming, that mouse isn't the best. I wouldn't recommend anything wireless yet, except for the MX1000 as it uses a new wireless technology. Get the MX510 from newegg for $33 and the logitech elite keyboard from newegg. Should end up costing you about the same.

Also, I recommend getting most of the components from one or two sites. The shipping for that is going to kill you.

Last edited:
Back