• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on using a cordless mouse on a bed? What to use as a "base"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richklein

Suggestions on using a cordless mouse on a bed? What to use as a "base"?

Hi,

I recently hooked up a 50" plasma TV to my PC (DVI to HDMI) & it is a pretty nice image. I have a MS Bluetooth Kb & Mouse. The keyboard is no big deal to use while sitting on a bed but the mouse is another story.

Are there any suggestions on what to use for the mouse "base" so I can use it while laying in bed? I keep trying a book but I dont think that is the best solution.

I am sure that lots of people surf from bed & there has to be some better solution.

Thanks,
Rich

(typed from the bed)

You should be able to use any surface. Your blanket should work or use your mattress.

I've used my thigh and the comfortor before.

Roofles said:
You should be able to use any surface. Your blanket should work or use your mattress.

I've used my thigh and the comfortor before.
Agreed. If this isn't good enough though, try getting a gaming mousepad (ie ratpad) that will provide a rigid surface to mouse on.

ahh, ok, that would work I think! I wouldnt mind doing a little gaming in bed as well.

poor oc community ...

first they get sucked in ... and now they take it to there bed...

next thing you know we'll have wirelss monitors so we can play in the bathroom ...

and wireless is a good thing .. now you cant get the cord wrapped around your......

Use a recycled fiber clipboard. Great optical response and if you add some sort of loop to the mouse you could put some small peg hooks on the wall next to your bed so you can hang them on the wall together. :)

I've used mine on my sofa before, no problem. As long as you aren't playing any FPS games from bed, you should be ok. Of course, if you're playing games from bed, the mouse probably would be the least of your problems....

yeah, unless you had one of htose speed-pad things (i forget the propper name) that gives you all the keys you need for gaming on a nice compact one handed bit of awsomeness - can you tell i want to find one at a store with an easy return policey to try it out?

I'd use a wireless mouse on a hard cover book (preferably a plain one) so that your mouse doesn't act up and go all over the place.

If your hard cover books have heaps of art or heaps of different things all over it, you could put a mouse pad on top of the book.

PS: Don't game in bed!

Last edited:
Initial D:ANKO, this thread is from 2006. Please mind the dates when responding to threads. Glad to see that you are searching, though!

Back