• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on Watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
I`ve never had a liquid cooling computer I want to set one up that I could also tranfer from Board to board for future use. I was looking at some self contained systems I was wondering what are the best-bang-for-the-buck forand EP45-UD3LR and would it fit on a P35-DS3R i was wanting one that might do the NB and The Cpu in one setup. I recently came into a little extra cash and figured this would be a good time to experiment with warmer weather hopefully coming soon to the Northwoods. and also having a pretty much unlimited number or E8000 series Core2 Duos to mess around with? I was hoping to find something in the $100 US price range Lower is better I always worried about leakage with these and steps I would take to make sure that sort of thing does not happen! Right now I have about 10 E8400`s to play with before I find the best few and get rid of the rest to family. Thanks. Also wondering if it is safe to go maybe 500 FSB or more on Either of these two Boards. Thanks

What kind of mobo do you have, is it socket 775, 1156 or 1155 or AM3

What do you planning to water cool?

How much do you willing to spend on your water cooling setup $....

Socket 755, he has some old E8000 dues to play with.

Speedz, we have a WC forum with lots of info and YELLOW stickies to show you the basics and lots more in depth stuff.

Please head over there and read for a while. You state your budget at $100. If you were to buy something like the Corsair H80 for the CPU and put a good air heatsink on the NB that would suit your budget. If you want to WC the NB too, then I suggest buying the Swiftech H220, more hose and a waterblock for your NB. If you have integrated heatpipes to the NB/SB/Mosfets, then your going to be opening a HUGE can of worms and LOTS more money.

$100 is a pittance if you want to custom WC. Ohh, we also have a classified forum here with used parts. Not sure if you have met the requirements for that yet.

[ Ohh, we also have a classified forum here with used parts. Not sure if you have met the requirements for that yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried to look in there but could not find anything to read I had access to a little over 100 E8400`s that came out of ffice machines that were just parted out and they look like new and Overclock really nice they were all E0 and I was getting them at a cheap price. I wanted to list some of them instead of selling them on E-bay that is what I meant about having access to alot of them for the price burning them out was not a problem not a big loss in cash I called the guy today for some and he sold all his stock I was bummed so now I cannot get access to any for my project unless I pay full price on some off of E-bay where I planned on selling some of them. How long do I have to wait to get access there? and thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah I just moved back with my brother think I have to login directly connected to the router to go to my account managment to set up a real email address.....I`ll get it done when I figure out which e-mail client works good with win7 and pop3.

Back