• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Lanboy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Re: Re: FUGLY

9mmCensor said:

Vomit is more beautiful. That grill Hurts my eyes.

Are both the side panels removeable on it?

Oh ho! That's cold man. And yeah, I think both side panels are removable. Christ... vomit... lol...

i wouldn't want to take that to a lan party :-/
i would probably get attention at a lan party with my first plywood pc case then that to tell u that truth and i didn't even pay for the wood, found it at a construction yard ;p

I didnt buy it to take to lan parties, i baught it to go on the plane. ha ha. well, i like this case. to me, its money well spent.

hmm yeah i saw one of these but they have something wrong with them maybe its the blue and the color of the case if i had that i would do clear everything and bright white maybe even HID lights like the ones they use in cars.

well. the main selling point of this lanboy is how compact and light it is. its a mini tower after all. if it was to be clear, which i agree, would be pretty spiffy, it would have to be made out of somthing like acrylic or plexi. these are a fair bit heavier than aluminum. personally, i kind of like the anodized finish of the aluminum, but in the fiture, I could see painting over it to somthing a little less, brushed.

I have plans for it already though. i want to ditch the led fans entirely. I MIGHT mod the front face with some amber leds but will likely leave it without as it looks better without front illumination.

I want to find a amber or orange cathode or neon kit too. anyone who knows where i can find one, ill love you. I think some work could have been done on the bezel for it, it is simple, but i guess thats part of its charm. personally, i would enjoy an all aluminum face plate with a one peice bezel and fan grill, some amber led's behind that would rule. perhaps ill look into getting one made.

incidently, the grill with a led fan behind it isnt as bright as the picture indicates. well in the dark it is. but it illuminates pretty evently. i personally dont like the blue, with a different color, it wouldnt look so bad i think. then again, all aluminum. this is what i really want.

oooooh window applique's look spiffy ;) when i get some more cash, imma have some fun ;)

alpha_gamer said:

It's kind nice... but it reminds me of something a Mac would come in. Therefore, I think it should burn in hell for all eternity. :mad: Just my opinion though!

You've obviously never used one. :)

alpha_gamer said:

It's kind nice... but it reminds me of something a Mac would come in. Therefore, I think it should burn in hell for all eternity. :mad: Just my opinion though!

Or seen a G5 Powermac.... those things.... oh,,, ohh.... OOOOOhhhHH.

OOOOHHHHHHHH.

yes... they are THAT sexy.

No, I have used a Mac, and I hate them. Rotten pieces of misused PCB. There logo is a piece of half eaten fruit for god's sake!

macs rule. but you have to use them for what they are really there for. content creation and multimedia.
I love the g5 case, its so well designed.

I would'nt buy a mac simply because i dont need more than one pc for anything. all my desktops lately have been powerful enough for all the content creation software i run and they cost a lot less.

the freedom to play any game is also kind of nice. there are ways to make anything work on a mac, virtual pc for instance, but meh. why bother. if you are going to be running a lot of emulated titles, its the wrong platform for you.

I mainly went pc due to availability of parts and software. that and i play a lot of games. games that will very likely never be braught to osx.

if all i were to ever do was work in photoshop, then hell, g5 all the way.

as for the case, im going out today to solve my first issue, the shatty fans that are included. the front led fan isnt so bad when you get used it it, it illuminates pretty evenly thanks to its grilll. not all centralized like the image shows. ill probably mod some amber leds to my bezel shining into it instead of a led fan which to my knowllege, does not come in orange.

as for internal lighting, i think i might go with a red AND a yellow cold cathode. the 8" ones. Red in the back, yellow in the bottom, they will overlap nicely i think ^^. and i might get myself a nice window applique too. im thinking a dragon etch, but the tribal angel is wicked too.

i might even consider just saying phuc it and painting my own on.

for fans, i want to get two of these;
http://www.svc.com/12aocalframc.html
they move lots of air, 80 cfm and dont make much noise. alos, the chromed finish will look neat on a aluminum case.

is there any relationship to how much cfm in and out i need compared to my cpu fan? im using my smart fan 2 at full bore. its suprisingly quiet thanks to this new case which is much better at killing noise than my old tank was.

should i keep the same cfm or have more? ie, these fans will work fine, or should i look for better. bigger cfm means more noise. ys tech is big and beatiful at over 100 cfm, but its noisy, 47 db. these are 30 db which will be barely audible next to my smart fan.

ill take suggestions.

www.memoryexpress.com has the fans listed that are available. the front panel can only use a 120x25 mm but the back fan can use a 120x38 if i want.

Back