• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Nade Pls Help Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paintballfreaka

Registered
ok here's my rig setup:
A64 3700 San Diego @ 237x11
asus a8v deluexe obviously
2x512 Kingmax pc4000 (super nade you specifically mentioned this model of ram as working with this motherboard)
MSI 6600GT agp
EDIT: running 1013 bios, 1014.007 beta is available, should I flash it?
Ok aside from the htt mentioned above the settings are as follows:
vcore 1.55v
ddr volt 2.8v
agp 1.6v
agp frequency: I've tried all three settings and they don't seem to make a difference with my problem
memory settings:
limit
2:1
timings: I've gone from 2.5-4-4-7 all the way to 3-6-6-15 incrementing by 1 at a time and each setting 1 at a time and running prime EACH time. I failed EVERY time.
2T is disabled
burst whatever is at 8 clk
now, simply change the mem setting to 1:1 and I pass.... I've tested my cpu extensively and I pass prime no matter what the circumstances until I change the memory setting to 2:1.... I fail the first test and I also get a memory address error in counterstrike: "this address xxx referenced xxx and the program must be shut down" or something to that extent... I've replaced the memory, power supply and still no luck.. I've run memtest up to 250Mhz on my ram and there's no point in testing it further because I don't WANT to go farther. since you seem to be an expert on this board, could you give me some suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Super Nade said:
:: MEMORY COMPATABILITY SHEET::

Apart from the Official ASUS Compatability sheet on their website, these modules work and more importantly, these have problems. These modules are reported unsatisfactory or not running at rated frequencies, but the user may not have tried relaxed timings or increased VDimm.

New!!!
GSkill Rep says TCCD won't OC well with this MoBo! Look in the latest issues section for more information!

1. Corsair TwinX 1024-3200C2PT
2. Corsair xms 3200
3. Kingmax PC4000
4. Mushkin LVl II Black (BH-5)
5. OCZ pc3700eb
6. OCZ EL Rev.2
7. Corsair Platinum Edition PC4000
8. OCZ Platinum 3200 Rev.2 TCCD
9. Geil Golden Dragon PC3500

1.PDP/Patriot XBL (The 2-2-2-5-1T modules)
I personally have had problems with these modules, so beware. It maybe a bad batch of RAM but nevertheless this is on the iffy list.
(Edit*Confirmed problematic RAM)

1. ADATA PC4000 (Mr.Joor)
2.Gskill pc4400 (Mr.rdrash)
3.PDP XBLK (Samsung TCCD 2-2-2-5-1T)

See that's my memory, Kingmax pc4000...

HELL YEAH after a couple of days searching random google search results I came accross a thread in which someone said that they put their two memory sticks in the 2nd and 4th slots as opposed to the 1st and 3rd and were able to reach much higher speeds and be stable. well guess what?!?! it worked. I'm at 3-3-3-8 I believe and 237x11. quite stable and I'm so excited. This may have shot my plans for another gig upgrade to holes though. Don't know how it would take having all 4 slots occupied. you can always return them I guess. anyways, you guys who are having similar problems should try this and see how it goes. I'm also running at stock ddr voltage I believe. thanks again..

Back