• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SUper Quiet Fans!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay so im setting up a custom loop in the very nnear future and i plan on trying to make it as silent as possible. whats your guys suggestions for the quietest fans possible? :shrug:
edit: what im looking at http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...cts_id=22542:a6a53170edb60fffae2cf9b5fc2223b2

Mmmmmmm no. IMHO slipstreams are some bad quality fans i had 2 die in 4 months+the motor sound is a lot more than 10db. I`d recommend SP120 quiet edition or nidec 1450rpm if you can fins them.

The slowest sine wave drive fan I have come across is the one on the Hyper 212 Evo hardwired for low speed. Not sure if it's available separately.

Your best bet would be to find an air conditioner fan (free if you ask a HVAC tech for one from a junked unit) and rig up something to turn it slowly. It might work to drive the motor with low frequency, low voltage sine waves (a microcontroller with at least 2 PWM channels and some sort of power stage/audio amplifier should work nicely) or you can use some other sort of motor to drive it.

when looking for silent fans which still have some static pressure, you are in Noiseblocker eLoop or Noctua territory

holy price batman!! imma need like 6 of them so they cant necesarily be that expensive

Back