• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Superior brand name for the 8800 GTS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majinwar

Hopefully in the near future I will be making a new rig, and I will probably be switching from ATI to Nvidia :eek: !

I was just wondering if there's a certain company to go with, or if they are all pretty much equal? Thanks in advance!

eVGA. The lifetime warranty is extra full-of-goodness since they cross ship. Also, the 90 day step-up program can come in handy.

EVGA, because of all that is listed above and if a better video card comes out within 90 days of when you buy the card you can pay a little extra and get that next step up through their step-up program. Or in my Case when I built my gaming rig that is in my sig, I bought a 7800GT and 2 months later the 7900GT came out and was the same price as I paid for my 7800GT so all I had to do was pay for shipping for the stepup.

7 votes evga, 0 votes those other guys. might I add that's also 40 stars for evga, 0 for those other guys :)

They're all about the same, the only thing that makes the difference is the warranty.

eVGA allows overclocking and non-stock cooling under their lifetime warranty.

eVGA ftw.

I just ordered the EVGA 8800 640 Super clocked version (it was $35 more than regular). Like everyone said lifetime warranty and cross shipping make them the best out there. All the cards are based on the reference design so far, so the company's reputation is all that matters.

Nandro said:
I just ordered the EVGA 8800 640 Super clocked version (it was $35 more than regular). Like everyone said lifetime warranty and cross shipping make them the best out there. All the cards are based on the reference design so far, so the company's reputation is all that matters.

You just wasted 35 bucks, but anyhow...to the OP EVGA due to their great warranty.

You just wasted 35 bucks, but anyhow
Not necessarily. I have had better luck with the higher end parts. If they are speed binned I would get a higher overall clock. I used to work at IBM East Fishkill in NY. We made lots of different processors and such. I actually worked in the fab where the PCB layers were assembled and put into the pressure chamber. From there to the people who checked the traces then to a group that checked voltages. They do speed bin them, heck the rejects which would have been perfectly good except for they were 1mW over spec we used as key chains. So if they tested the cores, at 500Mhz and one ran at 30C and the other at 26C it would go in a different bin and used on higher end cpu's

Last edited:
Back