• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperPi 1M takes 36s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on how much ram you have, how fast it is, what your processor is clocked to, and theres alot of other factors too but those are the main factors. I get about 32 right now with my diego at 2.7 and if I clocked it to 3.0 and I pushed my ram further than I could get about 27 in 1M.

Like you, i also run a 3700+ San Diego, i actually get 32 seconds on my run. thats probably becuz of my OC to 2.8ghz, im only using DDR400 PC3200 RAM too, on stock timings and 1T timing, with that OCZ Ram and a 2.8ghz OC, u cud crack 29/30 seconds imo easily

Okay heres a little update.

I got 31 Seconds on SuperPi 1M with this

OCZ VX @ 2.85v , 2-3-3-6 , 220FSB

3700+ @ 2420 Mhz , stock voltage.

thats a good time for such a low 3700 OC, push that to 2.7/8 and you will easily increase that. im capped by the RAM, hence no faster than 31s as i have pushed the RAM to its limit to give me the 2.7 and have 1T timing, there is no room for latency adjustments without crashes

If i wanna hit 2.7 / 2.8 what will the voltage have to be increasd to ?

You'll just have to try it and see. There are no set values for any kind of chip.
Some CPUs can do that at stock voltage, others can't reach that speed, no matter what voltage...

i am @ 28s with ring in sig .i think that this ring is able to do 27s-26s if my venice have 1mb cache

running stabley at 2.7, i have a vCore of 1.52v, but as said before this differs with each chip, some OC well, some dont, some accept hearty vCores, some dont. Mine wont stabley do 2.8 no matter what voltage i throw at it, ****ty OCer, i was having instant crashes at 2.8 or games were instantly blue screening. People have been known to hit 3ghz with this chip, bleedingedge got it to 3.2 before it burnt out. No worries about running it Async with RAM either, the AMD64 can handle it unlike the previous AthlonXP.

Michael Warren said:
Im at 2.7 on stock volts, I would suggest using 1.525 volts to hit 2.7 if you cant hit it on stock volts.

i run 1.525v at 2.7, so yeh, i agree. this voltage can be sketchy at 2.8, try 1.55v for that

If you can tighten your memory timings to 2-2-2-5, that will help. May have to increase vdimm to 3.0V though if that's possibly on your board.

Back