• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperPI 32M for testing CPU and system speed and stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Molester said:
hitechjb1, i hope you're keeping up with the old stuff, ill be making a big post(hopefully) in about 2.5 weeks ;), but a couple posts up i posted a 32m 15.594s run

I try to be fair to all hardwares, will list the numbers even if it was an 8088, ....

I saw your Barton results improved a few times and they have been listed and replaced with the better numbers.

Gautam's Yonah dual core recorded the lowest run time, 15 min 50.625 sec, cooled by dry ice.

Also the performance per clock measured by 1 / (run_time * fCPU) is highest among all the processors listed (to be further confirmed).

Yonah 17.7
Toledo 14.4
SanDiego 13.4
Dothan 14.2

Latest tabulation:

SuperPI_32M.JPG

Out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about using ram drives with superPi?

I only ask because i got interested in it earlier when my times all suddenly took a nose dive...

I ghosted my 30gb hd to an old 5400 10gb, and put vista on the 30gb.

Anyway, my initial values, at the same mhz, raised by a pretty good sum. I kinda sat back in my seat...and said wow...that's ugly. I then threw in some usb drives i have...

32m Initial Value: SPi loaded on each drive

128mb usb2 drive: initial value: 6:28 (yea...min and sec's)
512mb usb2 drive: initial value: 1:34
1024mb usb2 drive: initial value: 36sec

10gb hd: initial value: 44sec
30gb hd: initial value: 26sec

I then downloaded a freeware ram drive program...created a 800mb partition

800mb: initial value: 21sec

Anyway...I thought it was interesting, and worth sharing. I hadn't realized how much of a difference your hd medium could make on the actual numbers.

Running SuperPi 32M right now on this Phenom 9500, it's taking about a minute and a half between iterations... Is that normal? It was taking just a few seconds on the 1M test.

Doh, just read the first post a little closer, nevermind. Seemed like it wasn't working right as it kept Not Responding :(

Last edited:
Back