• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supplementary SuperPi Competition!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Operant

December SuperPi 32m Supplement - 5GHz Edition

The benching team invites you to participate. This is intended to be a side competition to the main December event! Scores from here can be used for that competition and vice versa! You can test your efficiency here, and go full throttle in the main event thread. :attn:

What: SuperPi 32m
Who: any forum member
CPU: any CPU, 5GHz CPU freq. cap!
RAM: any ram
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends December 31st 11:59 PST

Full Competition Rules:
  1. All scores submitted must be HWBOT compliant
  2. A maximum CPU frequency of 5.002GHz will be allowed and any scores over this will NOT be counted (see next rule for more info)
  3. Due to natural blck variations, a maximum of 2MHz over 5.000 GHz will be allowed for a total max of 5.002GHz. This is intended to allow that natural bit of variation and is NOT for that extra boost. Although the change is minimal, it is on your honor to use this for its intended purpose.
  4. The use of any "slow modes" is strictly banned. The posted frequency must be maintained throughout the entirety of the test and the resulting CPU-Z screenshot (the natural variation that occurs and cannot be controlled does not apply obviously but this does not include ANY intentional changes).
  5. Any combination of blck frequency and multiplier are allowed as long as the resulting CPU clock frequency is less than 5.002GHz
  6. You must use the required background
  7. You must include the required information line to have scores counted (it makes things a LOT easier for all of us)
  8. If you would like to transfer scores to the December event thread, you must adhere to those rules as well
  9. Keep it civil and fun! I'm not sure why it would be any other way :p

Download the superpi benchmark here.
View the HWBOT superpi rules here.

Information needed in posts: "Name|CPU|Cooling|Time" along with a screenshot (HWBOT Compliant) that uses the required background.

(cooling includes any ram, motherboard, etc. cooling that is used. We want to hear if you take your ram under water or subzero! :thup: )

The Required Background:
(the same as the one used in the December contest)

Leaderboard:
Name|CPU|Cooling|Time
ChanceCoats123|3770k|Air|6m28.766s
keny|3570k|Air|6m32.860s
Dark_n_Beyond|3570k|Water|6m47.108

(Side note: I may setup an efficiency score also. There are a couple ways I could calculate this but I want to hear what everyone thinks. If this gets added soon, I'll add in all the required information to the table for users who have already submitted though new users may have to type out a little more info. Let me know any thoughts you have of the competition. Have fun benching! :D)

Last edited:
Awesome :thup:
There's a few scores for the 5ghz comp in the all out thread, you may want to import them or get the guys (chance & dejo) to submit in here also..

5000.9? 5000.1? 5000.0?
What clock speed is the absolute maximum legal? :D

By the rules as written, Chance's score is illegal after all :chair:

Chance... you dont have the right Hwbot link up. Everytime somone clicks on that link, it submits your score again................... you dont want that. Use the link that is found on the front page of your profile so it doesnt recalc every time, n00b. :p

@K3 - His Hwbot link says GSkill Pi... so does the screenshot link.

5000.9? 5000.1? 5000.0?
What clock speed is the absolute maximum legal? :D

By the rules as written, Chance's score is illegal after all :chair:

Naturally, a bit of variation is allowed. :) 5000.9 is pushing it but I'll probably let it pass.

Every motherboard has a bit of a floating reference clock. It's nearly impossible to get rid of that. XS had a competition similar to this one, and they allowed 3mhz +/- from 5ghz. My BIOS doesn't even allow changing the blck by .01's, so I couldn't change that if I wanted to. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you want to do efficiency, just mutliply time (in seconds) by mhz. Since we all have the same mhz (roughly), the time will determine efficiency.

Double Oh. I also fixed the HWbot link in my post. Not sure what happened there...

Last edited:
You should set a solid limit so we know for sure, not how you may feel that day, LOL!

Sorry, I was working any just quickly typed a message. :-/

Anyways, I like the XS idea of a 3MHz variation limit. From now on, 3MHz of variation shall be allowed off of 5000MHz.

3MHz... so 5003.0MHz is ok, however, 5003.01 (LOL) is not. Please clarify otherwise we have same situation, with a higher clock, LOL!

I need some magical RAM... my G.Skill Trident X 2666 only does 2400 @ 11-12-11-25 1T with 1.65v. I haven't adjusted any VCCSA or VCCIO voltages....

3MHz... so 5003.0MHz is ok, however, 5003.01 (LOL) is not. Please clarify otherwise we have same situation, with a higher clock, LOL!

Ugh... I need to stop mutlitasking. Alright, now that I think more about it, 3MHz is a bit high. I hope this is clear cut enough for you ED:

-5000MHz (+/- 2MHz of VARIATION is allowed)
-Any blck is allowed as long as the blck * multiplier frequency falls within the allowed range. This variation is intended for a bit of blck variation and not intentional advantages. "Slow modes" will also not be allowed and frequencies must not be altered for the whole duration of the test and the resulting screenshot.
-ANY frequency over 5002.00MHz will NOT be counted.

Sound fair to everyone?

Last edited:
A bclk of 100 :-/as long as you're under the 5.002ghz surely any amount of bclk is fine ?

Yea, you're going to need bclk variation to run the RAM speed you want. 102 BCLK x 49 = 4998 MHz. Likewise 98 BCLK x 51 = 4998 MHz. :shrug:

A bclk of 100 :-/as long as you're under the 5.002ghz surely any amount of bclk is fine ?

Correct. Fixed the post to be a bit more clear. I was trying to say that the 2MHz variation is intended for natural blck variation and not for intentional boosting.

Last edited:
Back