• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swapped my 40" for a 24" and....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It sux! OMG it's like using a tablet :cry: Been using my 40" HDTV as my main monitor (1920x1080) for quite a while and got so used to it, that when I got my new 24" Acer on my desk, it's like using a table it's that small.

Story is my ex finally moved out ( thank god!) and she took her belongings with her which included her 42" TV. My "office" is in the livingroom and I was using my own 40" as my monitor. Once she left I was stuck. I don't mind switching over from PC to TV to watch my shows/movies on my 40", but when my 7 year old is here with me it's a pain. He wants to watch his crap at the same time I'm on the pc, so I had to get a new pc screen and then put the 40" on the stand for normal TV operations.

Now I can't stand it! This dam screen is so dang small. I tried gaming on it last night and it was quite awkward. Not a pleasant experience at all. :(

Rez on the Acer 24" is native 1920x1080 and the image quality is outstanding, but it's soo dam small I hate it.

I was looking at the 27" and it's no different over the 24". I'm gonna have to get a larger one like 32" at least. Of course gotta be 1080.

I'm sure I can sell this 24" to recoup funds (i got it in a trade) and shoot for an HDTV of about "32-38" at least to get my big image back.

I remember my 22" ws was massive until someone (blackstar) convinced me to use my 40" as it was just collecting dust in my bedroom. Ever since I got a taste of the larger screen I'm screwed! :eek:

Dam you Brian! :rain: lol

I am the opposite, i cant stand to big a screen, you have to sit so far back, playing fps's and fast paced games is horrendous on a oversized screen with only 1080. Watching films.... thats another story

Thats insane, i got 2x24" atm and i dint them big! But i did buy my 670 of a guy that was sitting with a 46".. best part, on the wall he has a 32".

Pc's always get the best treatment.

It would have to be a physical media. There isn't the infrastructure to support 4K.

There are 4K blue ray players. How much source material for a 4K blue ray players? IIRC some 4K sources (like movies are available). Don't think it is a lot just some.

Of course the problem is just like everything else these days - will Josephine/Joseph Six pack be willing to pay for all this. The technological aspects are challenging and quite expensive.

24" is too BIG for 1920x1080. You just need more pixels :) I can't stand giant TV screens where I can stand there and physically count pixels.

Well I might have a buyer for this 24". Hopefully I'll find a deal for a 42" or larger and get my 40" back :)

Well I might have a buyer for this 24". Hopefully I'll find a deal for a 42" or larger and get my 40" back :)
Just use coke bottles for glasses... problem solved.

My eyes are not great and 3' 40" I could EASILY see the pixels. Hell I can stand 4' away from the 32" LCD in my room and count them without my glasses!

:shock: :clap:

Back