• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP600 PUMP ACTING WEIRD ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ_MIX

Registered
[EDIT] 4-26-05

PROBLEM IS BACK AND I contacted swiftech they said it's the pump's head..

Now they ask me for a invoice or where I bought the pump .. what do I tell them ? since I bought it used off the forums
[EDIT]

PROMBLEM SOLVED TURNED OUT TO BE My Tubing was making a 90 bend,
re routed the tubbing and everthing is fine now...

I ALSO TOOK MY RAD OUTSIDE THE CASE AND NOTICE A 5 degree drop in cpu temp... LOOKS LIKE I'm going to have to get the dremel out and get more
air into my case.

I have a mcp600 pump and it runs great (full speed for about 30 - 60 mins)
then the pump starts to loose it's speed and my cpu temps shoot up to 60 degrees...

While it runs normal my cpu temp is always near 41 degrees.

This isn't normal right ?
this is a rev 1 mcp600 , im the second owner of the pump, do you think swiftech will replace this pump ?

BTW running a antec 350 watt PS

Last edited:
honhon said:
what tubing are you using?

I'm using 7/16 tubing from lowes...

BTW Problem is back again
I contacted swiftech and they saided It's likey the pump head...

They ask me where I bought it or A invoice ,,, I bought it off the the forums

what should I tell them ? I tried contacting the seller of the pump lets see what happens..

as told to Swiftech by dj:

"I will look for the receipt, but I was made aware that this pump in early revisions was know to have problems with the pump head, and you took care of this problem by sending out replacement heads..

I'm not going to pay for th replacement since this is well known design flaw, infact I will not buy another swiftech product IF I don't get a replacement head.

I'm not trying to rip you guys off I just feel that it's a know problem and I should be taken care of correctly."

you lied, and now you want what ?

BillA said:
as told to Swiftech by dj:

"I will look for the receipt, but I was made aware that this pump in early revisions was know to have problems with the pump head, and you took care of this problem by sending out replacement heads..

I'm not going to pay for th replacement since this is well known design flaw, infact I will not buy another swiftech product IF I don't get a replacement head.

I'm not trying to rip you guys off I just feel that it's a know problem and I should be taken care of correctly."

you lied, and now you want what ?

COMPANY HIDDING BEHIND THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS...

I WILL UPDATE THIS POST ONCE SWIFTECH MAKES GOOD ,

DJ_MIX said:
COMPANY HIDDING BEHIND THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS...

I WILL UPDATE THIS POST ONCE SWIFTECH MAKES GOOD ,

Are you ****ing me? #1 Swiftech isnt the manufacturer of these. Pretty sure Panworld is. #2 they stopped selling them and replaced them with the MCP650 because of the known problem.
(please correct me if Im wrong on this).

#3 You bought it 3rd party... Pretty with much every transaction like that, unless EXPLICITLY stated otherwise as in "Hey this is used but I have the receipt and can transfer the warranty to whoever purchases it from me, its assumed no warranty. NO WARRANTY. As in if it blows up and takes off your arm you aren't getting squat because you were too cheap to buy it direct from a retailer.

Stop your whining on all the forums youve posted this.

lol, so let me get this straight

you brought it s/h
and its more than 12mths old

AND YOU STILL WANT PARTS REPLACED?

Jesus, i better go ask toyota for a new power steering pump for my car, forget the fact that im the 4th owner, forget the fact that the cars a good 18 years old...

IT WAS THE COMPANIES FAULT, ILL WRITE IN CAPS TOO!

Talk about unreasonable, just seems like you cant accept you made a bad decision.

" FROM NOW ON I WILL ABIDE BY FORUM RULES!
I WILL NOT ADVERTISE OR LINK TO OTHER SITES
IN MY SIGNATURE! -edited by cw823"

Looks like you have a history of trying to bend the rules in your favour...

" FROM NOW ON I WILL ABIDE BY FORUM RULES!
I WILL NOT ADVERTISE OR LINK TO OTHER SITES
IN MY SIGNATURE! -edited by cw823"

Looks like you have a history of trying to bend the rules in your favour...

And the hits just keep coming. Thats gotta hurt.

LabRat23 said:
And the hits just keep coming. Thats gotta hurt.

First off this has nothing to do with warrenty issues, swift should replace the defective part period.

What happens when you past the 1 yr warrenty and have the receipt and your pump fails to a bad design head, you would want that part replaced also.

It's Not about the $20 it would cost to get the new "revised good design" head replacement.

ITS THE FACT SWIFTECH WILL SCREW YOU OVER, EVEN IF IT's THEIR FAULT.

First off people lets not make this worse by posting in ways others could mistake for an atack or flame ( :) Thanks)

I have the MCP 600 and if I am not mistaken they had a 2 year warranty.

But what I wanted to say was I got a replacement pump at NO CHARGE after 12 months when mine just stopped working completly,I called Swiftech told them I bought it From Crazy PC in Chicgo Feb 2004 and there response was to ship it back and they would replace it.I did not have a reciept and they did not make me provide one because I was polite and did not try to mislead them.

As far as I am concerned Swiftech has great customer support and I am betting money even if you are the second owner Swiftech will send ya a head if you tell them the correct circumstances up front and do not get all defensive and rude.

Last edited:
Buying used from the forums is not "being cheap". It makes good sense if you can save some much needed $$$$. However, it goes without saying that it is worth doing your homework to not buy something that has a known design issue. And I agree that it is better to be just upfront and honest and if it costs you the $20 to get a new pump head, well then that is the cost of "not doing your homework." I bought an almost new BIXIII from Sneaky and am very pleased and saved $20 in the process. And $20 is $20 worth saving (that I know I am probably going to eventually spend on something else).

...............I'm glad i got the MCP650. :D

DJ_MIX, how much did this pump run you? Cut your losses, and buy something new. With New, comes the waranty, unused but tested pumps, and you not posting threads like this, and starting conflicts. ;)

You want a better waranty, buy a Honda. You want something that will work better and be different, buy the MCP650. :santa:

Slayer2003 said:
...............I'm glad i got the MCP650. :D

DJ_MIX, how much did this pump run you? Cut your losses, and buy something new. With New, comes the waranty, unused but tested pumps, and you not posting threads like this, and starting conflicts. ;)

You want a better waranty, buy a Honda. You want something that will work better and be different, buy the MCP650. :santa:

MCP600 is much better pump compare to the MCp650 that why I bought it, unfortuneally I didn't know about this product's defect.

I bought a used MCP600 from a member on this forum. A couple days after I got it it died (chance you take by buying used stuff :) ) Emailed Swiftech about it, they told me to take off the head and see if the pump worked. It only worked if I manually gave it a little push to start it. They told me to send the pump in and they would RMA it. Within a week this whole thing was resolved and I had a brand new pump. Their customer service was great!! They did not ask for an invoice or anything.

What happens when you past the 1 yr warrenty and have the receipt and your pump fails to a bad design head, you would want that part replaced also.
Of course you WANT it replaced. I'd like it if everything was free. But if something is past warranty then it's past warranty. These are the risks inherent in a) purchasing used equipment and b) misleading customer support.

Back