• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swifttech H240-X coolant?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eww. Looks like you have some growth going on in there. Did you buy this new or used? Either way you'll need a good flush, cleaning and replace the fluids with pure distilled water and a biocide.

Makes me wonder what Swiftech is using in there. That shouldn't happen from the factory. Maybe they skipped the biocide step?

That's pretty gross, thanks for sharing that. I hope that it isn't a wide-scale issue. I imagine a lot of people that would buy these units wouldn't think twice about it and are running algae-filled loops right now.

While it is likely harmless if it doesn't propagate, that is NOT supposed to happen. Your shop is clueless.

Was this in it when delivered or did it take some time to show up? Mine was clear when arrived so I hope that doesn't show up! ��

I bought it on a shop locally. Havent even powered it up. Its brand new with all the plastics intact! Must be a QC issue on swiftech's mfg

That looks like either growth or residue left from the standard green swiftech fluid but after looking around, these kits don't come with the green fluid so this looks to me like its growth and even if Swiftech changed the fluid to a clear it shouldn't have build up like this. This can possibly be used as well but told its new. Who knows but I would get a hold of swiftech asap.

Back