• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching NARRA3 with GA-790XTA-UD4(rev 1.0)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Face000

Registered
Hope for some feedback from the many awesomely great and experienced minds wondering about this really knowledge enriched site.

I have an HPm8330f with a Asus NARRA3 mobo & phenom 9500x4 the size of the board is 9.6" x 9.6". I was looking to push the envelope and am awaiting the arrival of a Gigabytes GA-790XTA-UD4 (rev 1.0), a Phenom II 965 x4, and 6-GB (2-GB x 3) of OCZ Gold Low-Voltage 240pin DDR3 OCZ3G1600LV6GK.

First question it was difficult to find the RAM that was listed on the Mobo's Manufactures website as supported with-out have to re-mortgage my house, Will this RAM work well? are there any thought or known issues that anyone can pass along to me?

Second question the Gigabytes Mobo is an ATX and measures 9.6" x 12" I opened my case after I made the purchase, it looks like the board will physically fix in there but I can't tell if the case has the mounts to fit an ATX board does anyone know if it will, If not not a big deal B/C I have a compaq case that looks like has the mounts for the board and will do for now.

Third I would like to begin benchmarking and overclocking the phenom 9500 and NARRA3 Mobo the Ram in it is stock Micron 2x 1024MB's & 2x512MB DDR2 333Mhz can anyone point me to a location with information for beginning my endeavor with the hardware I mentioned that came stock in this HP?

I very much appreciate any time, effort, & knowledge that's willing to be passed along to me by anyone & will make my best efforts to give back to the community any solid knowledge and insight I gain from my quests.

Thanks again

Back