• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching to 6600K from Phenom 1055T with a Rasa block. Time to upgrade block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BugFreak

So after many years of running my 1055t I've decided to switch to the 6600K for my new build and I'm concerned my old XSPC Rasa waterblock is getting a little old. It's been many years since I've seen a review of the Rasa block compared to other brands and to be honest, I haven't kept up on how today's cpu blocks compare to each other. A quick search and read shows the ek blocks are still the top dog in cpu blocks, but you pay for that performance versus other blocks. Now to the question: I will have to remove my cpu block to change to the Intel hardware so while it is apart should I go ahead and switch to a new block like the ek Supremecy or XSPC Raystorm? I have no problems with the Rasa other than it might be too small but since it's apart I figured I'd ask around for opinions. Thanks all.

Nope. The Rasa is still a good block. I swapped my Rasa to the Raystorm because I wanted a little bling. The temp difference between the 2 are about 3c. I'm sure the EK Supremacy is a bit better @ about 3-5c, but again you already know the pricetag that will fetch.

I still have my Rasa block too. Collecting dust in a box tho.

if the rasa will fit the socket the only reason to change would be looks.
from one block to the next it's only a couple of degrees.
I will mention that the shylake processors pcb is prone to crack with to much mount pressure, so mount gently.

Good to know it is still a good block. I wish there was some way I could switch mounting hardware without removing it.

Thanks for the heads up on the pcb. I'll watch for that.

Back