• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system dosent boot with 2 rams.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
which mb should i buy now (sli ready).

That woud be an easier question to answer if we knew how much you are willing to spend and what is availble to you where you live. Can you get the Asus MA599X Evo? That would be a good strong board for your CPU.

Nope. 1-2% depending on the title. You will beheld back more by the CPU than you will the PCIe bus. ;)

will the performance difference will be worthy , upgrading to intel (will cost me around 540$ in india) and if it will ,will my psu seasonic ss12ii 520 watt bronze can hold 2x650 ti boost with out oc and i5 4670k without oc.

For starters why do you need to go Sli? What screen resolutions are you gaming at? If you don't want to spend the $540. You could upgrade the motherboard and buy a higher end Gpu. Then sell the 650ti to recover some of the expenses.

With big, high resolution monitors SLI can give a significant performance boost when the games are run on high settings. But you would be smarter to spend the same amount of money on one killer video card than you would on two semi wimpy GTX 650s unless you already have them.

at 1600*900 want to go to sli because games like farcry3,splinter cell blacklist,crysis3,bf3 and assassins creed black flag cant play at max settings with at least 4xmsaa to smooth out the edges.i cant upgrade to higher end gpu as it is impossible to sell my gpu at my location.no one pays that high to play games,they are happy to play with gt620 or something like that.

at 1600*900 want to go to sli because games like farcry3,splinter cell blacklist,crysis3,bf3 and assassins creed black flag cant play at max settings with at least 4xmsaa to smooth out the edges.i cant upgrade to higher end gpu as it is impossible to sell my gpu at my location.no one pays that high to play games,they are happy to play with gt620 or something like that.

The difference between going Sli on an intel setup vs the AMD will probably be 5-10 fps at best. So, you could either buy a whole new setup, or get a new motherboard, I would also get an aftermarket heatsink such as this one and overclock the 1100T a bit, as well as overclock the Gpu and see how things are. You may see a big improvement going to a more modern motherboard. If games are still not playing the way you like, then get the second 650ti.

On a side note. You might still have problems maxing things out with 2x 650s. I can't speak for any but FarCry3, I have a 2xGTX580 set up and maxing that game really worked those cards.
I'm thinking that even with another 650 you won't be where you want to be.

got lucky with heatsink, i already have hyper 212+
my 650 ti boost plays farcry at ultra, 4x msaa averages around 37 fps so i think it should at least go to 45-50 average with two cards.

Last edited:
If you're going to be investing both in a new motherboard and a new CPU then definitely go with Intel. The higher cost of the Ivybridge/Haswell "K" series CPUs is largely offset by the fact that you don't need such an expensive motherboard to overclock them well as you do with the FX CPUs from AMD. The power draw of the Intel CPUs is much less so they don't need such rugged motherboards to overclock well in the range you would be doing with air.

Back