• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System wont stay running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vaav

I just made a new system as follows:
XP 2800+ barton
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
512 MB DDR PC 3200
Scorpio Case w/ 420W PSU
Seagate 120GB Barracuda ATA V Ultra Harddrive
Thermaltake Volcano 11 CPU fan
Windows XP home
Geforce FX5600

I set up the system and it seemed to run fine. But as soon as I ran a game (Star Wars Galaxies), the system crashed and rebooted. The last time I check, the system was running at about 50 cel.
I updated all my drivers and the bio's. And now my system wont stay running for more than 1 minute. Usually it gets to the point where I sign into Windows and locks up, then crashes or reboots. Any Ideas???

Make sure the CPU fan is firmly attached. That was my problem when the same thing happen to me.

I check the CPU fan, it's working fine and hooked up ok.
I underclocked the chip to a 2200+ using bio's. Now it wont lock up or reboot. So any idea's how to

Sounds like a heat related issue to me. Ensure that the heatsink is sitting flush on the core of the chip, and the fan is working.

If I'm guessing right, because you are having problems staying running, you're getting that 50C temp at idle, not 100% load. If that's the case, you're running way to hot. These nF2 boards have facility built in to shut themselves down if they overheat....

B.

I bought a new fan today. The system has been up for over 2 hours playing SWG with all the options turned all the way up :D .

Thanks for the help:D :D :D

Back