• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 1Jun18: Where's RoXQi3x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
As a team, we have seen a great loss in production. We’re losing about 15 million ppd at the time of this writing. RoXQi3x is missing in action, which is a big chunk, and I know that more of you have had to slow or stop production due to the heat. Aside from our concern for RoXQi3x’s wellbeing, the great summer slow-down is expected. The trick has always been to try to be the last team to slow production and the first team to resume production. If you can hold on a little longer with production feel free to do so but regardless, come back to us when you are able. Love ya. ;)

Team Conquest List: (Lower is better)

[oldtable] Overclock.net |2.9 months |up from 2.7 months.
[H]ardOCP |1.4 months | equal from 1.4 months.[/table]

Team Threat List: (Higher is better)

[oldtable]TSC! Russia| 7.5 months| down from 12 months.
Medic Coin | 2.2 years | down from 2.3 years.[/table]

OK guys. We are starting to take a beating. It’s in the early stages but boy howdy could it hurt. We either have to figure out a way to maintain pressure or resign ourselves to the beating for a while. The choice is ours to make.

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week |61 |28th | 1.04 million
Last week |61 | 28th | 1.18 million
2 weeks ago|63 |29th |1.14 million
3 weeks ago |66 | 28th |1.12 million
4 weeks ago | 70 | 26th | 1.07 million
5 weeks ago |69 | 27th |1.03 million
6 weeks ago | 70 | 27th |1 million
7 weeks ago |72 | 28th |960k [/table]

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| Macaholic | 11.67 million
2| HayesK | 7.14 million
3| torin3 | 7.00 million
4| WhitehawkEQ | 5.62 million
5| RamonetB | 4.37 million
6| P4EE | 4.11 million
7| JrClocker | 3.78 million
8| don256us | 3.63 million
9| orion456 | 2.93 million
10| Frazier08 | 2.13 million
11| superducky | 1.35 million
12| TC | 1.31 million
13| MaddMutt |
14| gabi golan |
15| Lochekey deeppow
16| aviationfrk
17| Jaymz9350
18| ProteinPete
19| wjruth
20| walaka7 [/table]

There’s a bit of an upset at the #1 spot this week. It’s been a while since these two juggernauts have slugged it out. Keep up the good work guys.

We are still missing RoXQi3x. Looks like he’s been down since the 18th. Hopefully everything is OK. Please check in and let us know that you are well.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

[oldtable]Macaholic will earn | 9 billion in 3.2 weeks.|
HayesK will earn | 2 billion in 3.3 weeks.|
torin3 will earn | 900 million in 6.2 days.|
MaddMutt just earned | his first 100 million! | WOOT!
aviationfrk will earn | 80 million in 6.2 days.
DarkDraco will earn | 50 million in 2.4 hours.
hitman just earned | 30 million.
Lochekey will earn | 30 million in 6.4 days.
EvlMinion will earn | 20 million in 2.4 days.
TC just earned | his first 10 million! | WOOT!
Woomack just earned | 6 million.
Dimwit just earned | his first 1 million! | WOOT![/table]

Some really nice milestones here guys. WOOT! We appreciate all that you do. Forge onward ya’ll.

Biggest movers
[oldtable] Name | Spots
TC | 302
Dimwit | 99
Joshua Bernstein | 43
Lochekey | 20
dogerain | 15
thecultie | 6
MaddMutt | 4
aviationfrk | 3
hitman | 3
Wedo | 3
superducky | 2
deeppow | 2
juane414 | 2
DarkDraco | 2
klear | 2
NikDo | 2
Memex | 2
torin3 | 1
wjruth | 1
walaka7 | 1
EvlMinion | 1
Woomack | 1[/table]

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up four spots each:
MaddMutt

Moving up three spots each:
aviationfrk

Moving up two spots each:
superducky
deeppow
juane414

Moving up one spot each:
torin3
wjruth

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable]HayesK |#14|
Macaholic |#15|
RoXQi3x |#39|
RamonetB |#40|
P4EE |#58|
orion456 |#72| Moving up one spot.
WhitehawkEQ |#76| Moving up one spot.
Torin3 |#98| [/table]

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Please feel free to post any advances you have made below. Thanks guys.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Last edited:
Well here I was thinking I could fold 24/7 by today.
I got my 980ti and 6700t running cool, but forgot about the PSU. The stock fan was on its way out when I bought it, so I put a 800rpm 40 some cfm slip stream fan in it. It will not cut it. If the PSU was any hotter it would have melted the sticker on the side of the PSU.
So I bought 3 1200rmp slip stream fans, 2 for intake and one for the PSU. With the new fans I'll get an extra 85cfm of air flow. I should never have to worry about temps.

I'll put the CPU on 24/7 folding duty tonight. The 980 will have to wait, I want to put better thermal pads on it anyway.
It will be about 30k ppd max for me until I get the fans.
This is what I get for not liking loud fans and being OCD about temps. Most of the parts I have in my system are IPC class parts, they can take alot of heat for years. But I'm not keen on parts running upwards of 90c, let alone 70c

Hopefully early next week I'll be folding 24/7 with both the CPU and GPU.

Last edited:
I've been having problems with my main rig. That rig holds a 1080 and 1080Ti so....

I don't know what the problem is. I thought that it was CPU or RAM based on the symptoms. I tested the RAM this morning and I feel confident that the RAM is fine.

The issue started when I'm folding both GPUs, Playing Total War: Shogun2, Looking at email and a web page, Bionic CPU folding (paused) and then have YouTube running. The machine just shuts down.

I thought that it could be hitting an upper level of my DDR3 that I don't normally use when not doing all of those things. Ran Memtest 86+ and no errors.

My next thought is the CPU. Maybe the HSF came a little loose or the TIM is drying out. It's an older i7-3690 6 core and it may just be getting old. I think that I have a spare CPU for this board but I'll have to look into it.

The problem has been getting worse over time. I've had to stop Bionic totally and that worked for a while but now, I had rebooted my machine and shut down Bionic which is still installed and started folding. When I woke this morning, the machine was off. I rebooted and as soon as Bionic kicked in and shut down. I then booted to memtest86+ and let that run. I then rebooted and let the folding start running. Unfortunately, my WU's were corrupt and I had to restart F@H. When I left this morning I had it folding but I'm not confident that it will stay running while I'm at work. My production will suffer until I get this resolved.

Sounds almost like a unstable OC. Try running Prim95. And maybe that GPU cuda version of memtest to test eh GPU vram.

EDIT:
Could be the PSU too

WTF!

I didn't even think about the PSU. It's like a super beefy one too as I recall. I don't have an active OC as I dialed that out a week or so ago.

Good call guys. I wasn't going to post this but I'm really glad that I did. I'll look into it more this evening.

I've had PC's shut down on me as well, swapped out PSU for new and back in business.

Put some new pads and tim on my 980 and I'll get the better 120mm fans tonight. Should be back at 24/7 folding soon.

Back to 24/7 folding on my 980ti and 6700t. The new higher RPM fans in the system helped a lot. My GPU is now running 5c cooler and I nocked about 4c off the CPU, the PSU is no longer running hot ether.
Looking at the folding client I should be pulling 515k ppd.

I'm getting back on the bus with my Vega FE this week now that I finally have a replacement CPU from Intel. Why they continue to have known-bricking microcode files posted for download I'll never understand.

My new PSU should be in tomorrow and I hope to install it this weekend. While I'm still using my main rig, it no longer folds. The current PSU has just gone that bad. It still games though so...

I spent a little extra and got a 80+ Platinum EVGA 850 watt. I spent a lot of time looking at different PSU calculators and I had two issues. 1) The results varied widely with the same data input. 2) I have a kill-o-watt type device that I had not verified its accuracy and it was telling me that my machine was only pulling about 650 watts under full load.

I finally went to my various manufactures websites and got their max load wattage, added that up and found that my meter plugged into the wall was fairly close. I then calculated where I wanted the new PSU to be at in terms of % usage. I bought the 850 watt which will put me near the 75% usage mark.

I wanted the most efficient PSU I could afford and that ended up being the 80+ platinum. It was only a few dollars more than the 80+ gold and $100 cheaper than the 80+ titanium. The platinum scratched that itch just right. It will reduce the heat in my office and lower my power bill ever so slightly. The reduced cost in cooling in the office and reduced power usage will pay for itself over time. Plus!!!!!! ..... It has a 10 year warranty from EVGA and as a special offer, two additional years when I register it. So over 12 years, I will be money ahead compared the the 80+ silver I have now.

Bad news is that I'm down about 1.5 mill ppd until I replace the PSU.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438136

Last edited:
It has a 10 year warranty from EVGA and as a special offer, two additional years when I register it. So over 12 years, I will be money ahead compared the the 80+ silver I have now.

That sounds nice assuming evga honors the warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds nice assuming evga honors the warranty

EVGA is #1 in my book. I bought a used 980 Ti and because I was not the original purchaser, they would not cross-ship but they did honor the warranty. Not only did they accept my 980Ti SC, but when they couldn't repair it, they sent me a 1080 SC as the replacement. I've had MSI do the opposite to me at least twice by sending me cards that were lesser and I was the original purchaser for the MSI cards. I've had good luck with other MSI parts but I will not buy MSI graphics anymore. EVGA is my first choice if I can afford them.

Your lucky, They screwed me over many times including the place I used to work at. I ended up losing my job because I said EVGA would honor their warranty.
They lost over 100k defected hardware in a month with failed EVGA hardware. We were buying about 10k in video cards every two weeks for upgrading are system to support 3 monitor setups.
Do a look up for EVGA warranty rip off or something like that, you will see the same story over and over again. But with differed hardware and people.

They clam you kill the hardware by mishandling, overclocking or charge you a 25$ fee to fix the hardware.

What they did to me was just as bad. I bought a few cards form the B-stock, some were DOA and they would not take a return or RMA. Told my I was SOL because they were B-stock cards.
I made a post about it on there forms, they closed the thread stating I understood the warranty and banned me shorty afterwords, voided all my warrantys and the banded the account where I used to work at voiding all there warranty too. They said the company account was a second account of mine and because I made a post letting other know about my problems they were no longer going to do any business with me. I'm not even sure how they could link the accounts. maybe the name on the return label? But that was it, nothing else would have linked my personal account and the one used by the company I worked at.

I stay away them like the plague they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
effective as of now I will not be folding for teams 32, I will keep folding but for other team do to conflating interests

effective as of now I will not be folding for teams 32, I will keep folding but for other team do to conflating interests
???

What is going on? Did we have a misunderstanding here or something?

???

What is going on? Did we have a misunderstanding here or something?

I think it is related to his issues with EVGA. He posted his problems with them, and then edited it to what he has now.

But I'm not sure why it is a problem with Team 32. We aren't sponsored by them, and don't receive anything from them for folding. They have their own team.

I think it is related to his issues with EVGA. He posted his problems with them, and then edited it to what he has now.

But I'm not sure why it is a problem with Team 32. We aren't sponsored by them, and don't receive anything from them for folding. They have their own team.

I have been asked to cease and desist all activity with overclockers.com delete my account within 30days and must remove all posts mentioning evga or face legal action.

I can say no more.

Back