• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talking mining rigs, out puts, setup and others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Currently pushing 460k ppd with 2x290x and 1x290 right now on curecoin at bullions. Is there a better way to set up? I just followed the basic instructions [created an account at bullions that is the same as my folding name, set my payout address to my curecoin address, and started folding to their team]. Is there anything else I have to do to get the most curecoin I can?

Am I better off mining using cgminer at cryptopools or something?

This sounds like something that would be an awesome pool/team 32 thing to do! :)

Currently pushing 460k ppd with 2x290x and 1x290 right now on curecoin at bullions. Is there a better way to set up? I just followed the basic instructions [created an account at bullions that is the same as my folding name, set my payout address to my curecoin address, and started folding to their team]. Is there anything else I have to do to get the most curecoin I can?

Am I better off mining using cgminer at cryptopools or something?

This sounds like something that would be an awesome pool/team 32 thing to do! :)

+∞

AFAIK, you are doing as much as you can. I don;t know of any tips or ticks to get more points other than OCing your GPU's to the max! :attn:

I wouldn't recommend OCing for folding, don't want to have any bad WUs due to faulty calculations. I'm keeping my cards pretty close to stock.

bad wus yeah, run at stock or super stable slight oc.

I run the 290 at 980 core and stock 1250mhz mem, 1100mhz core and stock mem on r7 240s (good but stable oc) and stock cpu. (i7 3820)

Doing 270k ppd atm.

Just wait for QRB, enable beta client with extra slot options (flags):

client-type
beta

next-unit-percentage

Here's a setup guide for newbs:

Curecoin needs its own thread here, might do something later.

I wouldn't recommend OCing for folding, don't want to have any bad WUs due to faulty calculations. I'm keeping my cards pretty close to stock.

Oh... I'm running my cards with their mining OC's so far okay.

The 7850 has died twice, but the WU seems okay. No issues in the log. :shrug:
I gave it some more voltage to be safe.

@Ivan
newbs? :p
I've heard the Beta WU's are big :-/
Not sure if that would work for my internet plan..

Curecoin thread sounds cool :)

Oh, your internet plan is a serious problem :(
Can't you do anything about it?

You're funny Ivan :p

$70 CAD/month gets 20 Gb @ 5 Mb/s DL, 500Kb/s UL.

Next step is ~$90 CAD/month. 50 Gb @ 10 Mb/s DL 1 Mb/s UL

So short answer: No. I can't change the plan. Parent would kill me :-/
The only plus side is: It's an unlimited plan, just the throttle me after I use up 20 Gb....so it's not too bad I suppose...

You're funny Ivan :p

$70 CAD/month gets 20 Gb @ 5 Mb/s DL, 500Kb/s UL.

Next step is ~$90 CAD/month. 50 Gb @ 10 Mb/s DL 1 Mb/s UL

So short answer: No. I can't change the plan. Parent would kill me :-/
The only plus side is: It's an unlimited plan, just the throttle me after I use up 20 Gb....so it's not too bad I suppose...

wow, that price and bandwidth really sux. Small town Ontario, eh?
Is that cable, dsl, or satellite?

wow, that price and bandwidth really sux. Small town Ontario, eh?
Is that cable, dsl, or satellite?

Bingo! 2 points to you :p

It's ethier Xplornet (Current ISP) or (ewwww) Bell or Rogers.

Both Bell and Rogers rape us blind so believe it or not, my current plan is literally 2x better (like 4x faster too) than what we had with Bell.

Bter has added interest payments much like Mcxnow has....
and "dividends" although that page is in chinese :p

That's an old arse post xD
Also, it was mainly aimed at the people complaining about fermi gpus not being able to mine.

I do speculative mining, and power costs here aren't that bad...It's not a set and forget thing anymore, not for now at least. People who were used to dogecoin era profits will be phased out. (they already are, in general)

Finally was able to setup & verify my bank account info on Cavirtex.

Withdrew ~$12 CAD to see if it goes through.
Finally, I can cash out it seems.

I've got 2x7950 in the mail, gonna run X11 on them. They're the old ones, back when they used to be quality - clocking 1200+ on core with stock volts!

I've got 2x7950 in the mail, gonna run X11 on them. They're the old ones, back when they used to be quality - clocking 1200+ on core with stock volts!

Whatchya gonna mine?

There's not much out there really :(
I've been on Ivan's CHILD since day 1 and I see no reason to stop :thup:

I'm thinking about playing around with Nicehash X11 again... been going a couple months now on XMR without selling anything, so maybe I have enough that I can take a break with it for a while. Itching to have some actual BTC in the wallet again, and not just XMR I don't want to sell.

On the other hand, XMR difficulty is low... since I haven't had any mining profits to buy more cards, the low difficulty is making up for not being able to expand.

My second dedicated mining rig is now built. Just waiting on a $15 eBay hard drive that should be here anytime, and I can then take up to 10 cards in the cold room alone. 15 total throughout all my rigs (I have 9 now).

Nice. Found out the hard way this morning that the MSI 280X had been tripping the Claymore watchdog all night long. Since I can't change the engine clock on the modded BIOS I was using to get it stable downvolted, I had to flash the stock BIOS back on. It's now doing 1150/1500 completely stable, hashing XMR at 575h/s.

It's not even getting very hot yet. 1175 was also stable. I could really get used to this...

Back