• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TCC Mother board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Obvious

I bought an El-Cheapo tcc mobo, full atx, with via chipset, and award 6.00 bios. Im running a 950 duron with the multiplier unlock and 512 kingston pc133 sdram. So far I have been able to push to 107 mhz with no instability, at a cool 38°c during burn in. With A cooler master with the copper plate. I am fairly new to O/C on these jumperless style boards. Even though I have the multplier unlocked, why does it still show 9.5 in the bios, even after clearing cmos. Also, is it ok to run a pci clock at 36mhz, and higher? Can someone please explain this to me, or direct me to a link that can? Should I throw down some extra $$$ and get a name brand MOBO? I want to play with this a little more if I can, But I know I have to bite the bullet someday and go to ddr. By the way my previous mobo in this rig was a ECS k7vzm micro, and I couldn't even push that to 102 without lockup.

A month later, and its still going, but now at 1391mhz. It is Identical to a soyo k7ta pro. The company name is Commate, and I believe they manufactur boards for other companys such as ecs, as my k7vzm ecs has a commate logo stamped on it. For a $26 mobo, not bad.

It is now landfill, Funny though, I saw the same board on E-bay get bidded up to $45, When you can buy them new for $26.

Installing the HSF, The screwdriver slipped, and took about 5 traces off the board. It was cheap, and did a good job for what it was, although the bios did not support XP, and there are no bios upgrades from the board manufacturer. I was able to force flash a Soyo bios into it and it worked.

Back