• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32 folding@home newsletter issue #006

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

Team 32 folding@home newsletter issue #006
March 02, 2003

In this issue

- Introduction

- News and Notes
- Contest Week 1 winners
- Join us in IRC!
- Post pictures of your farm
- An explanation of OCAU’s odd numbers
- I need your help

Ever thought about doing some writing on general folding related issues? Ever want to send that writing out to a large number of fellow folders? Well that is the entire point of this newsletter; to keep the team informed about what is going on with us and folding in general. I would like your help with this.

So, if you have an idea for an article or something happens in folding that you believe is newsworthy, please contact me about it or just write it. We can discuss inclusion.

Then again, having a few people that work with me as equals on the newsletter would be ideal. It is always good to have somebody to be accountable to. That always helps us in pushing harder to make the content that might be ‘okay’ without it, ‘good’. After all, I never intended the content of the team newsletter to be a one man production.

If you are interested in helping me out please send me a PM at overclockers.com. Thank you so much.

- Stats

- Folding Interview: NASsoccer

Music, go.

PUNK :) oh yeah, and punk covers <-- makes any song sound halfway decent. Other than that i like rap/hip hop next.

Favs: Less than jake, Drop Kick Murphys, Unwritten Law, System of a Down (i know not punk) and way too many more to name here.

- Conclusion

An archive of this and all previous releases of the newsletter will always be available at this URL.

http://www.netbetty.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi?flavor=archive&list=team32

Last edited:
nice Gnerma, and a good interview wit NAS also....i look forward to this every...2 weeks :D

Hopefully you can find some more writers to give yourself a break ;)

Congratz

'Gumpy

Oh sure I didnt get the newsletter again, I look in the arcive and NOT even mentioned on hiting 10K like the others where, hey but its only Rotts.

I wont go away mad I will just go away :(

Rottys-R-Us said:
NOT even mentioned on hiting 10K like the others where, hey but its only Rotts.

Where's that list Dave? I see lists for top producers in the lower/mid/all classes, but couldn't find a list of 10k folders in the newsletter...

Hell, I don't think I'm getting the newsletter either (I'll know for sure once I get get home today) but it's no biggie 'cause it's available online anyways...

Fold for the points, but fold for the sake of folding dood... man, I produce only 150 points/week with 1.5 systems folding, it aint about the numbers, it's a decent way to donate wasted cycles (for a good cause). ;)

**edit: I found the list, I didn't see myself on it either... and David hasn't updated it in 2 weeks...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108931 **

Last edited:
Pinky said:

Fold for the points, but fold for the sake of folding dood... man, I produce only 150 points/week with 1.5 systems folding, it aint about the numbers, it's a decent way to donate wasted cycles (for a good cause). ;)

Keven go away:p J/K :)

If I was NOT folding for the cause i would NOT be folding at all:p

I have nothing better to spend my $$ on than comps and the extra electricity the use.:rolleyes: I have turned down the timer on the pool filter to help make up the difference for the electricity.

So I dont need anyone telling me I am just folding for the points. :(

Screw recognition all together then.

i don't think there was a 10k list this time, but i am sure we can ask Gnerma to politely add it :D

no worries rottys, and please don't leave. seriously man, you have helped us out tremedously and i have had some fun joking around and chatting with you on Y! and on IRC!

FOLD ON
NAS

Originally posted by Rottys
Oh sure I didnt get the newsletter again, I look in the archive and NOT even mentioned on hiting 10K like the others where, hey but its only Rotts.

I didn't even think about the 10k list this issue, I guess its because I haven't been watching the stats as closely lately. There were actually a whole lot in the last two weeks, including me :) Congrats guys, sorry about the non-inclusion.

CharlesHF
Edward2
broken003
AntiHeiss
merthos
Gnerma
PhLuBB
hawk646
Lionfish (Rottys-R-Us)

Oh and about not getting the newsletter, some people get it and some people don't. Some people get it sometimes and don't sometimes. I don't know why..

Nice writing Gnerma... really nice... loved yer coverage of NASsoccer...

And hey... I even found out I was doing 700+ ppw last week.. big surprise for me.

I'd love to add some articles... but I can see now, that until the Easter holidays, I wont have a chance to add. Paperwork is piling up here like mold on my sandwiches below the paperwork...

Cheers, Flixotide

Back