• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Team Group Xtreem SE 16GB DDR4-4133 C18

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I have a couple of test results made on a memory kit which I have for a couple of months - Team Xtreem Special Edition 2x8GB DDR4-4133 18-18-18 1.40V.
History of this memory kit is a bit weird. It was released as a Special Edition for the Computex and given as a prize or thank you to overclockers and partners. It supposed to be very limited version. However about 4 months later the same memory kit has appeared in retail stores. The only difference is that on the heatsink there is no printed a small special edition sign (it's still on the box).

1822cc2a7922dfe7eb6b571773931426.jpg

Anyway, this is one of the highest Team Group memory kits which is rated at DDR4-4133 18-18-18 1.40V so gives high expectations regarding overclocking.

There is only one XMP profile which works perfectly fine on most motherboards on which I had a chance to test it. These from below list could handle 4133+, some others couldn't and then memory was working at 3866 or 4000.
- MSI Z370I Gaming Carbon ITX
- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
- ASUS Maximus XI Gene

Below is 2h AIDA64 stability test. It's fully stable 24/7 at these settings, I just had no time to run it for longer only to take a screenshot.

TG1st.jpg

As expected and advertised by Team Group, this memory is based on Samsung B IC and supposed to be the best IC available. However I won't hide that the tested kit is let's say average. I'm not able to run it at really tight timings and I'm not able to stabilize it above DDR4-3866 at Command Rate 1N. Maximum frequency is also limited. Even though timings say it should still overclock high, I was able to set DDR4-4500 only on ASUS Maximus XI Gene. On all other motherboards there were problems to boot above DDR4-4266. On the same motherboard I was able to pass DDR4-5000 using another and cheaper memory kit.
Below you can see some of the overclocking results. I don't think I will add more and this memory will go to my 24/7 rig as for gaming it's perfect but for competitive overclocking not so much.

Last edited:
Overclocking results

3600 16-16-16-36 1N 1.35V

4000 17-17-17-37 2N 1.40V

4133 18-18-18-38 2N 1.40V / XMP

4266 19-19-19-39 2N 1.45V

4500 19-19-19-39 2N 1.50V

A little bit OT... But where do you find that AIDA64 dram timings chart in AIDA that you show towards the bottom of post #1?

I've only been able to find some similar info shown in a different format under the motherboard SPD tab (example below)... :shrug::

AIDA SPD description.PNG

Yes, tools and DRAM timings. It doesn't show all details but this is what XMP includes. Everything else is based on timing tables and BIOS settings. There are sometimes mistakes in CL and sometimes it doesn't show all memory channels on quad channel platforms (MC0, MC1, ... ).

go to tools- dram timings.

Yes, tools and DRAM timings. It doesn't show all details but this is what XMP includes. Everything else is based on timing tables and BIOS settings. There are sometimes mistakes in CL and sometimes it doesn't show all memory channels on quad channel platforms (MC0, MC1, ... ).

My version doesn't have that option under tools. I'll have to investigate some more to see if I can remedy that. Mine is kind of like this but also has the GPGPU benchmark (6 items total):

AIDA tools.PNG

From the AIDA web site:

AIDA tools dram timings.PNG

Maybe different version. I'm using Engineer license and I guess there is some more.

Nice review. Could also please show secondary and tertiary timings with asrock timing config ?

It won't happen (or maybe someone else will post it). I already sold this kit.

Back