• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Race Sign-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What the heck, don't know if i'll be upgrading anytime soon ( maybe, if i can get the money for a Venice, mobo, and PCI-E video card..heh)

count me in as well

Account name : Brandon McDaniel

OK, sounds fun--count me in. I'd kinda lost interest there for awhile (and i pretty much sold all my crunchers LOL), but this will give me an excuse to start rebuilding. I have a lot of potential to "increase" during the race, so keep that in mind when assigning me to a team :D

And make me 20 :)

Username: Puffy

I wouldn't be too worried about pending results causing problems. With this many people, it should effect both teams just about equaly :) That, and it gives us all the better reason to race again later (because obviously the pending credits were what stopped Team B from winning ;)) :D

JigPu

Morpheus said:
I'm in as number 21 (Morpheus...) and, hell, let's get drunk either way, OK? :beer:

:attn:

Crunch on!

hmmm, maybe it is time I brew up a OC.com Seti Pale Ale.... :santa:

ether

heezer7 said:
I have been working in a page for our race. Here is what I have so far.
First! These are NOT the teams. I just grab a few people to use as test data over the next few days. NO it has not started yet.

So that said...

http://208.52.130.81/ocsetiteam/boinc/race.html

Nice! I'm assuming you're posing this so you can get feedback, this is actually almost perfect, I have very few comments hehe...

1: Have the top box sort by team's total credit (I'm sure you're planning to do that, just making sure)
2: Including RAC/Week Avg columns on that top summary box would be great for "at a glance" comparison
3: If you're just bored and looking for features to add - an MVP might be fun (Each team could have an MVP (in terms of total credit added) - and then perhaps an overall competition MVP as well. Team MVPs could just be highlighted blue (or whatever) - overall MVP could be listed somewhere at the top.
4: Having a "total credit added" (totalling all the teams) would be nifty - would let us see how much this race we're doing is contributing to the OC team as a whole.

If you implement none of the above, the page still rocks - so don't kill yourself here!!!!

Thanks for putting this togethe heezer - you seriously rule :)
Enk

thanks dude! Stryfe helped me out to make this on prettier. I am going to start adopting a new format for our main page when i can. Starting to learn css and stuff now a bit. I can't promise much now but when this semister is over and the summer starts I will be all over it! I will try and add a few of those things in if i get a chance. It is sorted by total right. 0 > 0 hehe Hopefully it all works aright when the pages get updated.

Note: If you see an error now or after the race starts It can be fixed and wil not effect the results of the race. I will have copies of the starting crcdit of each person on day 1. So even if a bug is found we will have hard copies of it.

Also, got my 1GB stick of ram and replacement Hd for my lappy today :D I can code again on it finally... 1.25GB of ram is niiice some times!

Nice page man !!!

but woooo them teams are abit unfair lol ;) :p :D ( yes i know u said they are NOT the teams :) )

21 people up for the race not bad just need afew more now :)

Steven4563 said:
Nice page man !!!

but woooo them teams are abit unfair lol ;) :p :D ( yes i know u said they are NOT the teams :) )

21 people up for the race not bad just need afew more now :)

Yeah, they're unfair--Praxis/Enkidu is practically his own team ;)

[Edit]

Just fired up the Xeon 2.8 again (not a duallie unfortunately) because I was feeling guilty and a bit inferior about my puny RAC of late. Plus, I have to have a little more representative RAC for when the race starts. And if I'm not careful, I will get bumped out of the top 50, and we don't want that!

Last edited:
nice page Heezer :)

one word a GRAPH........

i know they are a pain but they are a really easy way to see how ur team's production is doing

Back