• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC chilled water. need some help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay.
Just realized that the MCW-452 has:

1/2" hot side fittings (yay)

and

1/4" cold side fittings (shoot me in the face)

everything else -

blocks, pumps, tubing is all 1/2"

better to run the cold side in all 1/4"
(easier for insulation, but will take a boatload of fittings)???
OR
run all the cold side in 1/2" and only use 2 fittings for the transition, but then have fun insulating the larger tubes with what will be a massive abount of insulation?

better to go 1/2" and use the adapters. you should only have to insulate the tube from the chiller to the cpu block, after that, it'll be plent warm so don't worry about it. Really you shouldn't ahve to insulate the toobs too much anyways.

I ran an external, as in out the window WCing loops for my cpu. I'm in new england, my XP would load below freezing at nights because it got to the singles and negatives overnight(that's F). Still, never had to insulate tubing because I maintained decent airflower around the socket area and had most of my tubing outside.

I'd make sure you're using the thick walled tubing though, so there's some natural fight against the outside air warming up the surface of the tubing and the cold water cooling through the tubing, should keep it above dew point.

Back