• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tec cooled my NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The waterblock is an x-aqua which i purchased from xoxide.com for around $30 I dont remember the exact price. Yes I would do it again not only would the performance be great if I had a 1/2 @§§ decent radiator and the experience was fun. As for the wb cover in the tec. It sits perfectly ontop of it. I think it MIGHT even overlap a few mm. As for how thick the cold plate is im not too sure prolly a few mm. As for how I mounted it I took the stock/factory heatsink and cut off the fins as close to the base as i could. I then used metal files and filed the fins down all the way to the base to where all I had was a flat plate with mounting holes. I then lapped it up real good and then attached it to the cold side of the tec,then attached the wb to the hotside of the tec obviously haha. Then I just let the mounting holes on the wb be (although you COULD cut them off) and mounted it like you would have a reguar heating on the NB using the little "push pins".

Once you get that new memory and cpu youll be pimpin it up. Right now im rma'ing my r9800p and a shuttle an35n so im happy about that. Just not sure weather I should use the shuttle or the a7n8x-e deluxe...any opinions?

i think that i am getting the Mushkin BH-6 222 special...the 3200 i heard that clocks rather well....asi know that this board is fine with tight timmings i'm try to push it a lil farther so i will b back on in a bit

o yeah here is a link to that mem....could someone tell me 4 SURE that it is bh-6 and not ch crap...http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2781117#post2781117post2781117 i will order 2 of those...

Or better yet the victoria or stockdale,seguine (sp?),area if so you can come party this summer :D

I think I was able to move up my vcore due to the fact that I got the new psu and it was more stable so dont mind that part but I did gain the 20mhz oc.

Back