• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp check 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osnaps

Greetings y'all! Really just a simple question about my overclock, temps and voltage. My rig I believe is in my sig. Running with a 4.5 oc, a LLC of 2 and 1.355 on vcore and almost an hour into P95 blend. My temps are sitting around high 70's to mid 80's I'm guessing depending on the FFT it is running. The max I have hit across all cores is 87. I will try and post pics, but not sure if I can off my phone.

I don't think I won the silicon lottery by any means and probably not going to push past 4.5 if it remains stable. I also haven't de-lidded.

I'm the event I can't get a pic posted, does it sound like it's going ok? Thanks y'all :)

I don't see my sig, I'm running an Intel i5 3570k, ASRock Extreme 4 mobo, hyper 212 evo cooler, antec illusion black case, AS5 was the TIM used, Antec Earthwatts 650 psu. Trying to think of any other possibly needed info.

**** I see the sig now, must be because i posted from my laptop for this and my phone for the other. Only changes are windows 7 is now 8.1 and trying for 4.5 from my 4.2

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the actual load voltage? Ambient temps? Seems about right to me regardless... But every cpu is different any so......

Yes, no sigs from the mobile website. ;)

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding on this ED for the actual load voltage. I set it in BIOS to 1.355, core temp is showing a VID(not sure if this is what you mean) of 1.2910. Ambient is probably around 78 F

These are the pics I took, sorry if they come up ridiculous

Attachments

• CoreTempPic.jpeg
    CoreTempPic.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 88
  • P95Pic.jpeg
    P95Pic.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:
Cpuz screenshot please. VID value on that application is static (iirc). VID is technically stock voltage and is not a dynamic value.

Don't hesitate to edit.your posts instead of dpubleposting. :)

Gotcha, my silly self has not downloaded that yet. Probably not a good idea to I would imagine while running the test. I'll hit the 2 hour mark soon and I will download CPUZ then, put her back under the knife and take a screenie.

CPU-Z shows it fluctuating between 1.336 and 1.328. It also failed right after the 2 hour mark, I gave her a bump in bios to 1.36

Attachments

• cpuz.jpeg
    cpuz.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 82
See, while BIOS voltages are fine and dandy, that only matters to YOU (your settings). What matters on the outside is the ACTUAL voltage which CPUz (among other programs) will read.

By the way, to take a screenshot hit PRT SCR button and paste the image in paint or something... no member here takes pictures of their desktop man... seriously.... :p :rofl:

See, while BIOS voltages are fine and dandy, that only matters to YOU (your settings). What matters on the outside is the ACTUAL voltage which CPUz (among other programs) will read.

By the way, to take a screenshot hit PRT SCR button and paste the image in paint or something... no member here takes pictures of their desktop man... seriously.... :p :rofl:

hahahahaha! Touche my good man :cheers:

Everything else though is gtg? I haven't had any temps hit the 90's and tbqh I'm half considering just dropping it back to 4.4 and rolling with that. I had been stuck on 4.2 and not sure if I was just babying it or didn't have the time to really get into it, but I had found myself wondering if 4.2 was just my limit.

*** I am curious about something. On core temp it shows Power and TDP. I would assume I don't want my power to go above that TDP number? I'm also guessing there isn't a way to increase that or even if you could would it be advisable.

Last edited:
As long as the chip is cool (under 90C) and voltage isn't out of line (I wouldn't go past 1.4v personally), don't worry about the TDP/Power. Overclocking will surpass those vales (stock is 77w I think for 3570K?)

Yes stock is 77 watts. Thanks for the answer on that, it has been bugging me for awhile and couldn't really find anything definitive on it. It makes sense now that I think about it that it would go past it, I just wasn't sure of what, if any ramifications there could be. I guess if she'll hold stable on 4.5 for 2-3 hours I'll call it a success and take her for spin. Highest any core has gotten was 87c but it seems to be chugging along around 78c for the most part. Got about an hour to go to hit the 2 hr mark.

De-lid and re-lid with liquid metal maybe an idea?

I have thought about it, but not having the funds to get another chip if i mess this one up keeps me from trying it. I'd like to give it a whirl, just to chicken to do it.

Cant say I would do it in your case... you do not have too much voltage left to give, so it may only yield lower temps and not much higher overclock (200Mhz?). If that may be worth it, be careful!

Cant say I would do it in your case... you do not have too much voltage left to give, so it may only yield lower temps and not much higher overclock (200Mhz?). If that may be worth it, be careful!

Yeah I cant imagine I would yield much better results wise after a de-lid. Had a core fail on me 3 mins past the 2hour mark. Think I'm just going to dial it back to 4.4 and call it a day. I'm not really keen on continuing to push it as I agree that I am getting close to the voltage wall. Thanks for the info and the answers, it is greatly appreciated! :thup:

I am using the same cooler on a i53570k

Results Below. I was getting very similar temps to you, i changed the thermal paste to artic silver and it dropped by a little more over 5 or so degrees c. Worth a shot since its such a cheap and easy solution. However my watts and volts are much lower. have you tried with lower power settings?

prime.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I am using the same cooler on a i53570k

Results Below. I was getting very similar temps to you, i changed the thermal paste to artic silver and it dropped by a little more over 5 or so degrees c. Worth a shot since its such a cheap and easy solution. However my watts and volts are much lower. have you tried with lower power settings?

prime.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I have, think I just didn't get lucky with the silicon lottery tbh. I was able to get 4.4 stable @ 1.3, but that was the lowest I could get without getting an error in P95.

I would guess it is possible I may want to look at reapplying my AS5 on the hsf, but I don't think the temps are to far out of line with the power I'm pumping into it.

Not 100% certain on this, but the only other thing I can possibly think of is, changing my load line calibration from level 2 to 1, but I think all that does is help control the amount of vdroop?

I was getting awfully close to 1.4 trying to get 4.5 stable and temps were slowly creeping towards 90c. I thought I may have had it nailed, but had a core drop 3 mins past the 2 hour mark.

Yeah I cant imagine I would yield much better results wise after a de-lid. Had a core fail on me 3 mins past the 2hour mark. Think I'm just going to dial it back to 4.4 and call it a day. I'm not really keen on continuing to push it as I agree that I am getting close to the voltage wall. Thanks for the info and the answers, it is greatly appreciated! :thup:

Ahh, but your temps are way up there for such a low overclock.

The nice thing about Intel is that they respond rather well to cooler temps rather than high voltage. Pushing my late 3770K (sold it) to 4.9ghz daily on 92c or lower temps was possible and this was without a de-lid.

Back