• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp/Core Issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FBPerformance

Registered
I just put together my new rig (literally last night) and am a little worried at these temps, is it just me or are they not supposed to be much closer to each other?

temps-1.jpg

Asus Maximus 2 Formula
ZeroTherm Nirvana Cooler

The thermal sensors in 45nm chips just act like that typically. However, you should be looking at the load temperatures and not the idle temperatures. This will give you a much better idea of how your thermal sensors are acting.

Download the latest version of RealTemp, do the sensor test and if you want a good idea of idle temperatures, do the idle calibration.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showpost.php?p=3441773&postcount=2590

The documentation for the idle calibration can be found by right clicking -> about -> click the techpowerup link.

Remember though, it is really the distance to TJMax you should be looking at, as that is the raw data coming from the thermal sensors which the estimated temperatures are derived from. Keep it above 30 and you'll be fine.

Back