• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature reading from Abit mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cho

I often read post about higher temp reading from Abit mobo. So, I want to ask whether the high temp reading is from Abit software (eg. uGuru) only? or even third party software (eg. MBM)?

To be specific, for AI7 owner, did you try to get the temperature reading from uGuru and MBM? are they the same or different?

In general, how do you interpret the temp reading from Abit mobo? take the reading and then minus a few degree by yourself?

I just want to clear all the uncertainty before building a new rig (my first rig) with Abit mobo (most probably AI7).

The MBM and abit EQ report the same temps. The AI7 Seems to report temps fine. I have a AI7 with a 2.4A oc'ed @484FSB with stock intel HSF @38 degrees C idle and 54 degrees C at full load

Almost all software calculates temperatures based on readings from motherboard sensors, and thereby have the same input / output. Sometimes a correction factor (depending on mobo) is built in, which could diverse results.

There's a lot of discussion on the the abit forums. According to what I've read there, it has to do with the method of calculation in the software. My IC7 seems to showing about 10°C higher than it should using Abit EQ. I have a 2.6C @ 3.1GHz,1.60v, thermalright cooler and kickass fan. Under full load, it shows my cpu core at 63°C which is way high considering my room temp is about 23°C. I've run a TON of systems in my room (basement) and I know this reading is plain wrong.

Back