• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps for AMD Phenom II X4 955BE after power cut

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dilley

Ok i built 2, pc's in the past but i am far from an expert with pcs, i like to game and i leave my pc running way more than i should somethings 2-3 weeks without turning it off. i realise these things aren't good.

Last night i had a power cut and one of the fans sounded really rough and noisy when i started it up i think the back one on my case ( ordered a new one already just incase) i installed hardware moniter to find out what temps i was runing and if it was safe to leave my pc on but in trueth it was in a grey area i dont know anything about.

I have a cpu listed above and a AMD Radeon HD 6700 series, my graphics is idling at 59 and spikes at 75 when gaming now ( tested a minite ago) , and my cpu is sitting at 40 while idling, and 52-55 when stressed saw it hit 60 for a second but returned to 55 or less.

Truth is before today i didnt monitor my temperature and just want some advice on if this sounds out of the ordinary or not.

My fan has gone back to usual sound wise, and the core and graphic temps arent fluctuating more than i posted above after using for a couple hours ( core 40-55 GPU 59-75)

any advice is opreciated.

:welcome: To the forum dilley :clap:

It looks to me as though you are within limits any way . GPU's typically are okay into the high 80' low 90's and the Phenom is OKay up to 55- 60c but that's as high as we'd like to see it on a day to day basis. If you plan on running all the time like that you may want to consider upgrading your cooling.

OK ty for the advice that i dont have to worry to much its really hard my background is science but without a frame of reference before this happened with my power / the dodgy fan i had no idea wht i was dealing with was normal or not , THankyou for the advice. i will reccomend the site to anyone who has pc trouble fast and usefull response

dilley, Welcome, a whole lot more information would be helpful, Case, amount of fans, components inside, stock or aftermarket heatsink. what are your ambient temperatures and when was the last time you cleaned the pc?

OK i have 3 fans in my pc . 12x12 on the back of hte caes ( the ony that might not be working at 100% capacity. And a 12x12 onthe side of the heatsink for my cpu.
its an aftermarket heatsink coolermaster something i will try and find the number later i believe it was called tranquility or something. Ambient temperetures are like 12-20 degres its england but indoors so a little old if anything. i clean my pc once every month or two and did so directly after this happened.

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/102-gamma-case.html case

components CPU was listed above

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE processor , 4GB DD3 ram ( 800mhz i believe), AMD radeon 6700 series. a 700 what power supply i believe dont have the specs on it.

anythign else you need?

Ok is the Cpu overclocked at all? With those ambient temperatures and an aftermarked heatsink it should be running cooler then that. Try doing this, download Hwmonitor "non pro" if that is the version you downloaded then use it. Download prime 95, open hwmonitor and run prime 95 for 20 minutes, if the temps exceed 62 c on the core/package or cpu temp stop the test. Then take side side panel off the case and if possible blow a house fan towards the motherboard. Re run the hwmonitor and prime again and post both screen shots of hwmonitor here. It will help us get a better look of what is going on inside. Here's how to post the screen shots.
how to attach photos.PNG

Untitled2.png

i think thats up right, after 10 minites it settled at 56, fluctuating from m56 to 57 depending on the time, ran for 18 minites ( not the 20 you asked becuase the last 8 it was 56-57 fluctuating only)

anything else you need also i was worried about my GPU aswell but the other guy said those temps where normal

an aside would it ruin the test if i was playing a game at the same time?

an aside would it ruin the test if i was playing a game at the same time?

It would only make the cpu hotter. You Gpu temps are fine, they run hotter I wouldn't worry unless it's getting into the 80's.

Did you run the test with the side panel open, I can only see 1 Hwmonitor ss.

Is the Cpu overclocked? 1.416 Cpu v seems a bit high for stock settings.
Down load Cpu-Z and post screen shots of the following tabs, Cpu , Spd and Memory.

Judging by the temperature of the hd, your problem may be lack of case airflow.

I dont know what HW monitor is SS means... i ran it with the HW pannel open and i ran prime 95 with the panel open if theres a side pannel i am not aware of i am sorry .

I believe the BE black edition version came slightly overclocked as standard. tho ia m not 100% i didnt do anything to it myself. As i already ordered another fan i might put it on the front and try and help airflow.

any other suggestions of questions?

Well its running at 3200 which is stock speeds but the Cpu voltage is going up as high as 1.416 which is way too high for stock clock speeds. You're running the ram a 1t and the timings are slightly off, but if you're not having crashes then we don't need to worry about it. Ok lets do this, first off you should have enough posts to create a signature which will let everyone know what exactly is in the computer, here's how.

What I would do is this and it's going to talk a little patience on your part. Go into the BIOS and set the Cpu Voltage manually to 1.375 run prime for 20 minutes keeping an eye on the temps, again keep temps below 62c on TMPIN0 and the cores. If you pass 20 minutes without freezing, a lost worker or BSOD, go back into the bios and lower the Cpu V again by 1 notch. Continue to do this until you fail 20 minutes of prime, when this occurs then go back into the BIOS and raise the Cpu V back up 1 notch and see if you can pass 2 hours of prime while keeping the temps below what I previously stated. If it does fail in some way with the voltage set at 1.375 then report back.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to try and get the processor to run stable at lower voltages which will improve the temperatures significantly. I own a 955be and I'm pretty sure mine runs stock at 1.35 Cpu v where as yours is a lot higher. Every chip is different and your may need that much voltage to run there but I'm hoping it doesn't. If I confused you at all just ask what ever questions you need, for me to clarify.

Havve to go off to work now ill try and do the tests later and get back

Back