• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps kind of high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briansun1

ok so I recently had to reinstall my stock intel tower style cooler and the temps I am getting se a bit high to me... I used to get 80f wit his but now am geting 90f... nothering else has changed (the H80 stoped working)
I am thinking it is because the tim is not applayed correctly...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 65
yes all 4 pins are on the mobo( I am guessing for the fan) the room temp is about the same. I will post tim application at a later date because I can't right now... could it be because I did not tighten it enough?(room temp is about 78)

Ohh maybe a bad install of the HS? Many noobs make that mistake. Yep still are sorry...............

Umm it's the stock CPU cooler from Intel. There is no tightening. Get the pins right, the cooler is on.

You mess with fan control with the H80 in the bios? Need to go back? Dunno.

those temps are not bad. sure you might have a hard time OC'ing
but ~65c is not that bad for a stock cooler. is the cpu OC'd ? if so remove it. also try turning on SpeedStep in your bios.
SpeedStep will lower you cpu's speed and volts when not needed, helping it run cooler when you don't need the power.
if it goes over 75c then we have a problem.

Last edited:
You haven't mentioned how you are getting these temps. Are the screenshots in your first post while idle? Are the newest ones under load? If so, what program? What processor speed? There is a lot of missing information here.

You haven't mentioned how you are getting these temps. Are the screenshots in your first post while idle? Are the newest ones under load? If so, what program? What processor speed? There is a lot of missing information here.

I just took a look at his volts. If the volts are right, I'm betting it's OC'd

edit
stock. check you volts in the bios
they might be showing up wrong tho
I'm seeing others get overclocks around 4ghz with 1~1.25 volts

Last edited:
Back